British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What sort of package shipment times are you seeing now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/what-sort-package-shipment-times-you-seeing-now-935506/)

penguinsix Oct 30th 2020 2:10 pm

What sort of package shipment times are you seeing now?

Just curious about what sort of shipment times you are currently seeing for parcels from the UK to the USA? I'm getting wildly different information from shippers (i.e. 'Due to Covid, expect delays between 2 and 30 days') and I was wondering what people are experiencing now real-world.

Trying to order some stuff for some November birthdays and wondering if I have enough time.

markonline1 Oct 30th 2020 5:22 pm

Re: What sort of package shipment times are you seeing now?

I ordered a package from the Uk just after the first lockdown and remember seeing it sat at Heathrow. for about 3 weeks. Total time was about 6 weeks for that one. Recently, I know not packages, but my mums birthday card took about 7 days to get back and my passport took about 3 days doing the UK to US route.

lansbury Oct 30th 2020 6:07 pm

I had a package come from Watford about 3 weeks ago, took 5 days. Another from the same place left on 26th and I think is still waiting to leave the UK or has just left, job to tell from the tracking until it reaches the US. Both were sent Royal Mail.

mrken30 Oct 30th 2020 6:11 pm

My kids passport left Heathrow on the 28th, then got diverted to East Midlands, now it has been stuck in LA customs for 2 days. This is on a 2 day DHL shipping. I'm still waiting on a package that was sent 6 weeks ago from Bucks. The passport application has been 2 months since I sent the documents to England.

destone Oct 30th 2020 7:46 pm

Please use FedEx for anything important or urgent. I have poor experience with UPS, USPS and DHL.

mrken30 Oct 30th 2020 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12928217)
I had a package come from Watford about 3 weeks ago, took 5 days. Another from the same place left on 26th and I think is still waiting to leave the UK or has just left, job to tell from the tracking until it reaches the US. Both were sent Royal Mail.

I believe Watford is now in tier 3, I wonder if that has messed things up a bit

Winston_the_Great_Dane Oct 31st 2020 12:04 am

Eldest daughter's birthday this week; cards and presents taking a minimum of 2 weeks to get to us and counting

Mallory Oct 31st 2020 12:40 am

I received a book from a cousin in Northants. Took usual amount of time. Couple of cards took a few days more than normal,

212 Oct 31st 2020 2:22 am

Around 20 personal packages since covid... mainly UPS express saver with a couple via fedex.
All picked up from residential address in UK by 11am, and delivered in NYC by 7pm the next day - with the exception of one UPS package which missed the transit connection in Germany, so took an extra day.

notaclue Oct 31st 2020 7:54 pm

3 days as usual.

lansbury Nov 2nd 2020 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12928217)

The package that left on the 26th is now out for delivery this morning. So 7 days which included a weekend.

MidAtlantic Nov 3rd 2020 11:42 am

I have a small package coming Royal Mail/USPS. Mailed Monday 10/26 and out for delivery today, and that included 3 days in customs. Excellent service so far as I am concerned and substantially cheaper than FedEx/UPS.

Zoe Bell Nov 3rd 2020 12:35 pm

totally off topic for you as I'm in the great white north but i sent an airmail package to belgium on sep 21 via canadapost. still hasn't arrived , the tracking info just states that it has left canada

SanDiegogirl Nov 3rd 2020 4:09 pm

Sent card to UK last week; took 5 working days....

penguinsix Nov 13th 2020 5:34 pm

FWIW I recently ordered a book on Bookdepository from the UK. Took 15 days to arrive.