British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What are some social and economic effects of migration from mexico to USA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/what-some-social-economic-effects-migration-mexico-usa-759136/)

Zavdieli May 22nd 2012 12:44 pm

What are some social and economic effects of migration from mexico to USA?

I tried going on google but didnt find much i need this 4 my geograhy homework

Lion in Winter May 22nd 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What are some social and economic effects of migration from mexico to USA?

Originally Posted by Zavdieli (Post 10075546)

Um, asking other people to do your homework for you does not qualify as research. Just so you know. My 12-year-old knows that.

Jerseygirl May 22nd 2012 12:56 pm

What's the weather like in India today?

Mr Weeze May 22nd 2012 1:06 pm

It's created an underclass of prosperous emigrants from the northern area of the United States who work as slave masters - because of the history of slavery in the Union, no-one suspects the people who come from the northern states. Nebraska is one of the worst states for people to come from. They regularly fly their helicopters into Mexico, flying below radar level, and will pick up Mexicans with the promise of a better life. The Mexicans come to escape the drug wars. They are then put to work in the fledgling aerospace industry, with private companies who are looking to replace what NASA did using them as test dummies - it's cheaper to use a Mexican than a crash test dummy.

The mexicans themselves try to escape, and they have sought revenge by imprisoning Americans. They have them working for them on things like PBS and NPR - they have them appealing for donations to keep the service going (check the websites), but in reality this is all to fuel their empire growth and taco addictions.

The only reason I know this is the helicopters fly above my house overnight (they fly really low) and I have helped smuggle one of the PBS presenters back to Michigan to escape his captors. They control a lot of the internet, which is why it is really hard to find information about this - I feel your pain.

Lion in Winter May 22nd 2012 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 10075594)
It's created an underclass of prosperous emigrants from the northern area of the United States who work as slave masters - because of the history of slavery in the Union, no-one suspects the people who come from the northern states. Nebraska is one of the worst states for people to come from. They regularly fly their helicopters into Mexico, flying below radar level, and will pick up Mexicans with the promise of a better life. The Mexicans come to escape the drug wars. They are then put to work in the fledgling aerospace industry, with private companies who are looking to replace what NASA did using them as test dummies - it's cheaper to use a Mexican than a crash test dummy.

The mexicans themselves try to escape, and they have sought revenge by imprisoning Americans. They have them working for them on things like PBS and NPR - they have them appealing for donations to keep the service going (check the websites), but in reality this is all to fuel their empire growth and taco addictions.

The only reason I know this is the helicopters fly above my house overnight (they fly really low) and I have helped smuggle one of the PBS presenters back to Michigan to escape his captors. They control a lot of the internet, which is why it is really hard to find information about this - I feel your pain.

I told you not to do his homework 4 him.:frown:

Lion in Winter May 22nd 2012 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10075572)
What's the weather like in India today?

Is this 4 your homework too?

Jerseygirl May 22nd 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 10075710)
Is this 4 your homework too?

I am researching whether you can buy spam in India...if so what are the social and economic effects.

Mr Weeze May 22nd 2012 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10075719)
I am researching whether you can buy spam in India...if so what are the social and economic effects.

Isn't that part of the reason for the undercurrent between India & Pakistan - the use of a pork(ish) based product?

ian-mstm May 22nd 2012 2:12 pm

There are no social and economic effects from legal migration of Mexicans to the US.

There are tremendous social and economic effects from illegal migration of Mexicans to the US. For example, milk is less expensive. This is because when the illegal Mexicans die in the US, the Americans use the bodies to fertilize the fields where the cattle graze - which in turn allows the cattle to produce more milk for the Americans. It's a win-win situation!

Ian

Bob May 22nd 2012 2:58 pm

This thread is all kinds of win and must be remembered for year end nominations :D

Noorah101 May 22nd 2012 6:04 pm

You didn't read Site Rule Number 10, did you!

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

10. Research
The forums/private message, blog and email system are not to be used for the purpose of research, (questions, surveys or polls). Any such posts found will be removed without notice. From time to time university students wish to use the forums for educational research etc, in these instances prior approval must be sought from the site administrators first, if approval is not sought then the posts will be removed.

Rene

rpjs May 22nd 2012 6:30 pm

I thought the Mexicans were all heading home anyway because Mexico's economy is doing better than the US these days...

Ozzidoc May 23rd 2012 12:15 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 10075753)
There are no social and economic effects from legal migration of Mexicans to the US.

Ian

I beg to differ.

The price of gardeners and laborers is suppressed due to the abundance of legal Mexican men in southern California.

:)

Sally Redux May 23rd 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 10076673)
I beg to differ.

The price of gardeners and laborers is suppressed due to the abundance of legal Mexican men in southern California.

:)

There will also be some social effects like popularity of soccer.

kimilseung May 23rd 2012 12:20 am

I tried going on google but didnt find much I need this for my geograhy homework

Please try harder, plus the odd comma and full stop would not hurt.