Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What should I be doing...

What should I be doing...

Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:51 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What should I be doing...

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Tidy up your UK financial stuff:

One or two bank accounts max.
One or two credit cards max.
Pension sh!t.
All directed to reliable UK mailing address (parents, sibling or friend).

Start looking at your contracts (phone, sat telly etc) to start closing them down.

Start looking to sell stuff you ain't bringing over.

Get fresh issues of everything with an expiry date - dl, passport, bank cards.
Got that on my list to do, as soon as they grace me with a visa, so my brain does work sometimes... thanks for that fatbrit
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Got that on my list to do, as soon as they grace me with a visa, so my brain does work sometimes... thanks for that fatbrit
Once you've got the visa, you've only got 6 months or until Oct 2010 (whichever comes first) to leave.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:06 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

OK thanks for that, I have dug out all the stuff I can think of and stuck them in a folder for acting upon,
but this all may be pie in the sky until I get stamped...
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:14 am
Wishful thinking...

Right so my number has come up on the Visa Bulletin board thing and now do I wait and get the second pack through the post??
Or do I need to contact them regarding my interview date
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Right so my number has come up on the Visa Bulletin board thing and now do I wait and get the second pack through the post??
Or do I need to contact them regarding my interview date
Please post that Q over in the Immigration forum, radion. Congrats on the pull!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:06 pm
Wishful thinking...

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please post that Q over in the Immigration forum, radion. Congrats on the pull!
Roger that,