Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What part of the US is it your ambition to visit?

What part of the US is it your ambition to visit?

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon. And Alaska. We keep meaning to go and visit Washington DC but haven't got around to it yet. And I've always wanted to go to to Niagara Falls, but even though we could easily drive there from where we live we still haven't been.. I think I'm afraid it won't live up to my expectations.

oh and of course, number 1 it goes without saying is Spokane Washington.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
In NY I found some people to be very pleasant but others came as a total shock! Some people would just demand things in shops, and really snap at the assistant *Get me blah, blah* ..... I guess they did not know the words *please* or *thank you* and at times it could be very, very intimidating!
I never had an issue with New Yorkers on my visits to the city. In fact, the only time I ever encountered rudeness was from a NY policeman, of all people!

When in NY, I do like the New Yorkers do and adapt their attitude (language and body language) and that's served me well. I can blend in with the locals in Manhattan and the boroughs I've visited.

As for not using "please" and "thank you", I've noticed that a lot of Americans throughout the US do not use these words that are commonplace in British English.

NC Penguin
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Canyon and Alaska for me- especially Alaska. My favourite place in US is Yosemite- I'd like to do all the seasons there, done Spring and Summer. We're off to Vermont soon for a look see at houses up there, looking forward to that.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What part of the US is it your ambition to visit?

Want to see Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon Niagra Falls, Outer Banks etc the tourist stuff. Just have to go and ski in Colerado, have to go to the Yankees Stadium.

Going to Sanibel next week, NY the weekend after so its a start ,then Philadelphia on Aug 3rd to see Man Utd play Barcelona at Lincoln Fields new stadium Whoooooooo Hoooooooooooo

Rob
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:46 am
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yellowstone Park, Grand Canyon, and Las vegas to get remarried again!!!(in a whacky church) followed by some serious Gambling.....Drinking and Eating.............
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:57 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debs36
Yellowstone Park, Grand Canyon, and Las vegas to get remarried again!!!(in a whacky church) followed by some serious Gambling.....Drinking and Eating.............
Here here, I'd love to do renewal of vows in a tacky Vegas chapel. Hubs would never go for it though.
I'd like to do Yellowstone, but we don't drive. Do they do bus tours?