Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What One Thing Would Make Life Better Living in the US?

What One Thing Would Make Life Better Living in the US?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:00 pm
Guest21

Default Re: What One Thing Would Make Life Better Living in the US?

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
A half decent channel showing UK TV.
Yes I have to 2nd that would it not be great to get all the same shows as the UK after 3 years I still miss my British TV, not so much choice but the quality of programmes was far better.

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:03 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
love that smelly harbour...hey that's good news that he's ok coz i woz thinking of you guys
Yes, he is fine, just the usual travel delights in China to deal with........ Did your husband have a safe trip back home?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Yes, he is fine, just the usual travel delights in China to deal with........ Did your husband have a safe trip back home?

yep tks actually arrived here early..no probs with cabin baggage on his connecting flights, he's still kipping so I'm keeping quiet downstairs in the study...lol cheers

sorry to go off topic guys
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

A classic rural pub.

Lounge and Snug, prefer the snug.
Horses brasses, pewter tankards above the bar, worn leather chairs and that inground smell of beer, cigarettes, pub food and old furniture.
All complete with old barman/maid called Clive or Mavis.

....Aaaaaahh, luverly.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sidewalks

So I can walk further with my dog, (except for the sub-division where we live), without having to jump out of the way everytime a car, truck, suv, minivan zooms by.

My son could even walk to school if there were sidewalks, (we live that close), but at the moment he would have to walk in the road and take the risk of getting knocked over by a car, so I drive him instead.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:43 pm
Guest21

A bag of chips and a bacon butty(US bacon is crap)on Gt Yarmouth seafront then home later for Mums suet pudding.............

What times the next Plane to Norwich lol

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by whiskers
Mums suet pudding.............

with custard on top, what a way to go
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

My Mum living nearby.

Oh and nipping to the bakers to get hot, fresh pasties for lunch.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

i know we miss things from home however this is the usa and i don't look for anything english when i travel abroad because if i want england it's just a plane trip away also i find it's the people wherever i am that makes a place and imo i find the americans (the ones i've met) so insincere and insular disappointingly enough lol except for my hubs that is
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:06 pm
Guest21

with custard on top, what a way to go

Even better Steak and Kidney my mouth is watering STOPPPP

Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

i know we miss things from home however this is the usa and i don't look for anything english when i travel abroad because if i want england it's just a plane trip away also i find it's the people wherever i am that makes a place and imo i find the americans (the ones i've met) so insincere and insular disappointingly enough lol except for my hubs that is

Oh, I dont know. Met quite a few genuine septics here. Admittedly, met a LOT more who aren't.
Think it depends upon region as to the type of people you meet here. In CA, they're just wacked. In NE, seem more like English but cooler (?!!?).

Agree about the spouse thing. My Wife is the most civilised septic I know....
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
A classic rural pub.

Lounge and Snug, prefer the snug.
Horses brasses, pewter tankards above the bar, worn leather chairs and that inground smell of beer, cigarettes, pub food and old furniture.
All complete with old barman/maid called Clive or Mavis.

....Aaaaaahh, luverly.
That sounds just perfect to me
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
That sounds just perfect to me
You've been here a while.
Are there actually ANY pubs in our area??
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:07 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Decent friggin' drivers, in NJ at least.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:09 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Decent friggin' drivers, in NJ at least.
Aren't you a NJ driver ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.