Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is the most disgusting US food you have come across?

What is the most disgusting US food you have come across?

Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
<<snip>>

I was watching an ad for Denny's and noticed this big lump of what I assumed to be icecream or cream on top of a stack of pancakes, only to be told by Hubby that it's actually butter!!
Ewww now that is gross!
I love Denny's brekkies but I think I'll skip the pancakes.
I'll never forget the first time I encountered whipped butter. I was at a famous pancake house in San Francisco and had ordered their signature stack of pancakes. With them came a little pot of what I thought was cream. I had to ask what it was a was surprised to find it was "whipped butter".

I've never seen it in the stores (well, I've not actually looked for it but I haven't noticed it) and I suppose it exists so that butter is spreadable without heating it.

I like my pancakes with maple syrup but without butter. I also prefer not to eat them at breakfast.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
The grits I had in Georgia tasted like old bathroom grouting. .

I love cinnamon and have no problem with it, but I don't like the fact that absolutely everything you buy here is laced with sugar...even the bread. The food here tastes so artificial. I long for Waitrose and the marvellous quality of Marks & Spencer.
........ you've tasted grout ?

eeps
Jan
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the most disgusting US food you have come across?

Corn Dogs...............Yuk
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:14 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Liquid cheddar cheese was one of my favourites.

BTW Bacon is put on roast turkey and chicken as a permanent baster to stop the meat drying out. The bacon also seasons the meat.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:16 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
Corn Dogs...............Yuk
...but pretzel dogs rock!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 6:41 am
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

At a gas station just outside Laughlin NV a few weeks ago my wife went in to pay and get the obligatory goodies for the trip back to Az, she came back to the car and said she had got me an apple pie, an hostess apple pie, as if the filling wasn't sweet enough it was coated in icing, I only had one bite and she devoured it, theres no wonder my Father in law had to spend a fortune on dental treatment when his kids were young eating shit like that,.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

I must rise in defense of whipped butter on pancakes. I love the taste of hot maple syrup and whipped butter mixed together on my 5 stack. For what it's worth, butter and maple syrup together on pancakes is a favorite of Americans, much like Black pudding is a favorite of Brits. For the record, I find Black pudding to be disgusting, as do most Americans that I'm aware of who've tried it. So you see, it works both ways.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Webbie
Pigs trotters.

I was in Bi/Lo or Teeter or something and there was this glass jar with... pigs trotters.

I was trying to get some pig's feet from the local Global store, the dumb broad on the phone kept asking me ..." U want Pepsi ??" when I was asking repeatedly about Pig's Feet. Ah well, if they will employ people who don't know the English language... or even American at a push.

Worst food I have heard of, though never tried is Mountain Oysters.. aka Fried Bull's Bollocks.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Jabba1
I must rise in defense of whipped butter on pancakes. I love the taste of hot maple syrup and whipped butter mixed together on my 5 stack. For what it's worth, butter and maple syrup together on pancakes is a favorite of Americans, much like Black pudding is a favorite of Brits. For the record, I find Black pudding to be disgusting, as do most Americans that I'm aware of who've tried it. So you see, it works both ways.

You are banned from Bury market Sin Die then LOL
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:56 am
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I was trying to get some pig's feet from the local Global store, the dumb broad on the phone kept asking me ..." U want Pepsi ??" when I was asking repeatedly about Pig's Feet. Ah well, if they will employ people who don't know the English language... or even American at a push.

Worst food I have heard of, though never tried is Mountain Oysters.. aka Fried Bull's Bollocks.
You ever tried Hot Fanny Gravy with that?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I've had two spitting right back out incidents here, one was with a disgusting flavoured coffee and the other, obviously, was Hershey's chocolate.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:32 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

How about Peanut butter and Jelly (jam) sandwiches!!!

Those things are rank, the Yanks never seem to mind eating sweet and savoury things together. My fiancee will eat her pasta and cheesecake simultaneously. Thats something i'll never be able to stomach!

But I would say that most America foods agree with me, apart from that sweet bread!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good Old Otis Spunkmeyer's products seem to have helped me stick to my diabetic diet too !!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:58 pm
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Krispy Kreme donuts.... IMO the worst donuts in the world. No substance, sickly sweet, like eating candy floss (cotton candy), with a terrible after-taste. Yuck. Much better donuts available at local corner places throughout the nation. Krispy Kremes are a triumph of marketing over substance.

p22
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
...but pretzel dogs rock!
What's a pretzel dog? Is it a hot dog sausage in the shape of a pretzel or a hot dog sausage in a pretzel? I'm just guessing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.