Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is karma?

Wikiposts

What is karma?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is karma?

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Blimey, when was the last time you checked your karma?
Ok I can see my new name is 'it's me' with a silly grin. Now if your saying that that gets changed to "tony126" then I have learned something.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:42 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
A happy ending to a thread?
No, it can't be!
Wankers, the lot o' yer.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:45 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by syllk
Brilliant thread - thank you everyone.
No problem
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:49 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
No problem
I like being nice to people.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:44 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
If you press the karma box underneath the name of a poster that you want to give karma to, they get karma.
And what does this karma get me? How do I know when I have karma?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
And what does this karma get me? ?
5 million points gets you the free toaster ....
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
5 million points gets you the free toaster ....

10 million points and you get one that works!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
Ok I can see my new name is 'it's me' with a silly grin. Now if your saying that that gets changed to "tony126" then I have learned something.
That was from me.....doesn't it say my name?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed. I do not think it was always like that, was it?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:22 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

In Indian philosophy, the influence of an individual's past actions on his future lives or reincarnations.

It is based on the conviction that the present life is only one in a chain of lives (see samsara). The accumulated moral energy of a person's life determines his or her character, class status, and disposition in the next life. The process is automatic, and no interference by the gods is possible. In the course of a chain of lives, people can perfect themselves and reach the level of Brahma, or they can degrade themselves to the extent that they return to life as animals. The concept of karma, basic to Hinduism, was also incorporated into Buddhism and Jainism.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cabritpop
In Indian philosophy, the influence of an individual's past actions on his future lives or reincarnations.

It is based on the conviction that the present life is only one in a chain of lives (see samsara). The accumulated moral energy of a person's life determines his or her character, class status, and disposition in the next life. The process is automatic, and no interference by the gods is possible. In the course of a chain of lives, people can perfect themselves and reach the level of Brahma, or they can degrade themselves to the extent that they return to life as animals. The concept of karma, basic to Hinduism, was also incorporated into Buddhism and Jainism.
Well, I knew that.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:29 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop

Anyone remember Glen Hoddle getting in trouble after he was talking about this, but he was specifically referring to disabled people, silly Glen Hoddle?!?!?!