Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is karma?

What is karma?

Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:02 am

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light
Question What is karma?

I've noticed people mention karma, or giving someone karma. What does that mean? Sorry, I'm new!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is karma?

If you press the karma box underneath the name of a poster that you want to give karma to, they get karma.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:18 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I've noticed people mention karma, or giving someone karma. What does that mean? Sorry, I'm new!
It's a strange and mysterious thing, the more karma you give and recieve, the more livestock you owe people. At the moment, you only owe the people who gave you karma, a small Aylsebury Duck. Conversely at the moment I owe various people 2 water buffalo, 6 Vietnamese pot bellied pigs, 3 Marino sheep, a dozen chickens and a small rabbit called Eric. If and when you eventually meet these people, you have to make good on the karma, which can be difficult if you're flying transatlantic, so be careful who you get it from, some people give it just to make you look even sillier at the airport. Hope that's cleared things up.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:21 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
It's a strange and mysterious thing, the more karma you give and recieve, the more livestock you owe people. At the moment, you only owe the people who gave you karma, a small Aylsebury Duck. Conversely at the moment I owe various people 2 water buffalo, 6 Vietnamese pot bellied pigs, 3 Marino sheep, a dozen chickens and a small rabbit called Eric. If and when you eventually meet these people, you have to make good on the karma, which can be difficult if you're flying transatlantic, so be careful who you get it from, some people give it just to make you look even sillier at the airport. Hope that's cleared things up.
Yeah, and when I got that parrot you gave me home, turned out it was dead.

You owe me.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:23 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Yeah, and when I got that parrot you gave me home, turned out it was dead.

You owe me.
I'm so sorry, I nailed him to his perch, did he fall off?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh honestly! Just give the poor person some karma!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Oh honestly! Just give the poor person some karma!
Already did poopy pants
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:25 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I'm so sorry, I nailed him to his perch, did he fall off?
Its yer Norwegian Blue innit
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Already did poopy pants
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Its yer Norwegian Blue innit
LOL my apologies to Monty Python, it was too tempting
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

If you press the karma box underneath the name of a poster that you want to give karma to, they get karma.
But always putyour BE name on so as people know who sent it. They do get rather assy about such things.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tony126
But always putyour BE name on so as people know who sent it. They do get rather assy about such things.
You don't have to anymore. Your name is automatically included....cuts down on those off colour karma....
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to anymore. Your name is automatically included....cuts down on those off colour karma....
Did not know that. Ta
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:38 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
Did not know that. Ta
Blimey, when was the last time you checked your karma?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:48 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

A happy ending to a thread?
No, it can't be!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.