British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What I love about the USA, a defense/defence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/what-i-love-about-usa-defense-defence-611812/)

garrettciaran May 28th 2009 9:26 pm

What I love about the USA, a defense/defence

The American people, they are the most welcoming bunch I have ever seen. Good solid people, and great to have a belly laugh with, although our humor/humour is different, its fun to discuss Cricket/Baseball/American Football

The Gorgeous Weather. It is above 65 degrees 10 months out of 12, where I lived. It is outdoor living at its finest. Hunting, Shooting, Archery, Fishing, Boating, Sports, etc, etc, etc.

The way of life away from work is relaxed and leisurely. I appreciate the fact that the Americans are the hardest working people in the WORLD, I have seen this with my own eyes, working at Home Depot and Wal-Mart. I simply cannot work at the rate my American colleagues work at.

The love they have for their Country, OMG, they LOVE their country, in every respect. I feel so envious because I wish people would feel proud about UK the same way, so keep flag-waving, my USA friends.

Right turn on Red, what a brilliant idea!! What more can say.

and last but not least, the sheer number of mouth-watering places to eat.

Arbys, Golden Corral, IHOP, Dennys, Chilis....superb.

America, I gave it a shot, but failed.

I look back very very fondly. :wub:

Jerseygirl May 28th 2009 9:30 pm

Re: What I love about the USA, a defense/defence

Great post.

Are you suffering from sort of disorder...memory problems etc? :lol:

MsElui May 29th 2009 1:27 am

not sure why America needs a defence - enough of us British Expats here by choice should indicate something.

Jerseygirl May 29th 2009 1:35 am

Originally Posted by MsElui (Post 7614162)
not sure why America needs a defence - enough of us British Expats here by choice should indicate something.

Perhap he's got a split personality...or a devil on one shoulder saying go back to the UK...US cops are nazis...pineapple is too expensive. The angel on the other shoulder is saying stay...the weather is wonderful...the humour is great.

Whatever it is the OP can't seem to make up his mind.

dbj1000 May 29th 2009 2:08 am

I wonder if the clue is in the fact that the only "Garrett Ciaran" I've found through Google is captain of a debating club in some unknown Irish public school?

http://www.colaisteiognaid.com/clubs.html

My guess is he's some kid who thinks he's being frightfully clever getting people worked up by his fatuous, fictitious posts.

made of kent May 29th 2009 2:36 am

it actually funny that no one did:thumbsup: I used to do brains trust debating in the UK competitions, its a bit of fun, you must be one hell of a sad teenager/early twenties to want to do this on a forum? it's not even contraversal his subject! sure I like American food not all of it and the defence/defence??? er!!! tit!
My debates on brains trust? always won the ones where I FUNDEMENTALLY! hated the idea! don't get that! I.e you don't get a choice you are for or against...and once at 17 infront of college age kids in the UK I won a argument on abortion, as in it is evil!!!! I don't even agree myself on that! I am pro mothers choice!! when ever I was given a subject I agreed on...always lost??? strange:o

lisa67 May 29th 2009 3:26 am

Originally Posted by dbj1000 (Post 7614258)
I wonder if the clue is in the fact that the only "Garrett Ciaran" I've found through Google is captain of a debating club in some unknown Irish public school?

http://www.colaisteiognaid.com/clubs.html

My guess is he's some kid who thinks he's being frightfully clever getting people worked up by his fatuous, fictitious posts.

good work Sherlock!! :)

ukintexas May 29th 2009 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 7614179)
Perhap he's got a split personality...or a devil on one shoulder saying go back to the UK...US cops are nazis...pineapple is too expensive. The angel on the other shoulder is saying stay...the weather is wonderful...the humour is great.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

another bloody yank May 29th 2009 11:23 am

http://justsocute.com/wp-content/upl.../07/eardog.jpg

tonrob May 29th 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7615330)

Jesus - what the hell is that? :eek:

lisa67 May 29th 2009 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7615436)
Jesus - what the hell is that? :eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's a chihuahua...see plenty of them down here!!

dbj1000 May 29th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7615330)

It's satan's spawn, AKA a-rat-with-a-license!

Steve Wright on Radio 1 once famously read out a letter from a listener where she asked him to say hi to her "cheee-hooah-hooah", as he pronounced it. :rofl:

garrettciaran May 29th 2009 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by ukintexas (Post 7614431)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 7614179)

Yes, I am from the Republic of Ireland, and no, I do not have a split personality, LOL:eek:, there are 2 sides to the United States. One good, One bad IMHO.

Yes, food is expensive there and the cops are pseudo-Rambo clones, but the weather is good and I enjoyed the US humour.

2 sides to every coin, am not a ping-ponger, I am staying home over here. its too much of a culture shift and a different way of life.

I hope this clears everything up.

Go n-éirí on bóthar leat.

MsElui May 29th 2009 1:27 pm

well if you think there are only 2 sides to the states - and have seen very little of it - you have missed out all the variety and differences - both good and bad.

scrubbedexpat097 May 29th 2009 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by garrettciaran (Post 7615563)
Yes, I am from the Republic of Ireland, and no, I do not have a split personality, LOL:eek:, there are 2 sides to the United States. One good, One bad IMHO.

Yes, food is expensive there and the cops are pseudo-Rambo clones, but the weather is good and I enjoyed the US humour.

2 sides to every coin, am not a ping-ponger, I am staying home over here. its too much of a culture shift and a different way of life.

I hope this clears everything up.

Go n-éirí on bóthar leat.

So the weather is good, eh? So why were you complaining about the 100 degree heat and going through 2 hurricanes in your other Texas bashing thread.

Kid...I think that Texas sun fried your brain:zzz: