Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Good Airline?

Wikiposts

What Good Airline?

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Good Airline?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I've flown with Virgin just once, they are great for dwarves and people without legs, .... I'm over 6ft and flyng Virgin again would be a last resort for me.
LOL Actually, my husband has found that to be true as well. I like Virgin, but their leg room is non-exsistent! We did fly Virgin and bought their premium economy seats this past January, now that was worth it - expensive though.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:40 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jockf
I flew with Virgin from Heathrow to LA, the secret for a cheap fare is book with continental airways as they fly Virgin. I paid £280 return with continental and was flying next to people on a Virgin flight who had paid £450 +. I can also agree with the rest of the guys about the leg room...... there is more legroom on a cattle truck. I asked for extra legroom at check in and was directed to a sign, which asked for another £75 each to sit in an emergency exit!! yip I am well gonna pay for that responsibility!!!
when did they start charging for the emergency exit seat then?? - ive had that seat a few times (loads of legroom) and they never charged me?, all they did was get me to confirm that in the event of an emergency i would be fit and able enough to open the door and assist - yeah right, first out the door !!

Ant
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We've flown 3 times before our little one was a year old. Two times with Virgin and the third time was with BMI. Virgin was excellent. BMI was ok, except there was a moronic p**k posing as a flight attendant who kept looking daggers at our daughter, and she wasn't even crying. Anyway, I'd fly Virgin with a child, very understanding flight attendants!
I have flown a couple of times with BMI and really liked their flights... check in at Manchester is a bit of a joke though

Ash
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

jockf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by antjen
when did they start charging for the emergency exit seat then?? - ive had that seat a few times (loads of legroom) and they never charged me?, all they did was get me to confirm that in the event of an emergency i would be fit and able enough to open the door and assist - yeah right, first out the door !!

Ant
Dont know when they started charging. I arrived mega early so that I could get a legroom seat ( 6ft 3ins) and was 4th to get checked in. So as you can tell I was fuming when they told me. The sign was at both ends awell LHR and LAX.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hugh Jaas will become famous soon enoughHugh Jaas will become famous soon enough

One thing.... NEVER!! use air france if you have a connecting flight!! It was disgusting!!!!

Hi HoneyMommy. : ) I totally agree with you about Air France. I had the misfortune to use them twice. I am a pretty good flyer, don’t get air sick or nothing. I can take rough landings etc. I never felt so ill after a flight with AF. I think Indiana Jones was flying the plane and the Munsters were the cabin crew (sorry AF).

Great tip about Continental! I'm all over that like a rash.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
LOL Actually, my husband has found that to be true as well. I like Virgin, but their leg room is non-exsistent! We did fly Virgin and bought their premium economy seats this past January, now that was worth it - expensive though.

Talking about expensive seats.....

autoeurope.com have amasing prices. You don't know who you will fly with until you book but it is a major airline..... Virgin included.

Flew all 6 of us from LA to Heathrow UK for just under $1200 on american airlines..... Had a similar quote for Virgin but not on the date we wanted....

Oh and funny thing... I got the price online, but called to book... They quoted a lower price over the phone so took that one and saved another £200... Over the phone they can tell you the airline before you book too..

Shame they only do hotels and car hire on their UK site though...
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Talking about expensive seats.....

autoeurope.com have amasing prices. You don't know who you will fly with until you book but it is a major airline..... Virgin included.

Flew all 6 of us from LA to Heathrow UK for just under $1200 on american airlines..... Had a similar quote for Virgin but not on the date we wanted....

Oh and funny thing... I got the price online, but called to book... They quoted a lower price over the phone so took that one and saved another £200... Over the phone they can tell you the airline before you book too..

Shame they only do hotels and car hire on their UK site though...
Oh wow, thanks for the information! I recently tried one of those types of websites for a hotel over here in the US. I was very pleasantly surprised, I just put in what I wanted to spend and got a very lovely hotel. I'm willing to try it again. And it is a shame it doesn't work from the UK, I could use that function for family as well. Oh well.