Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is going on?!

Wikiposts

What is going on?!

Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of
Unhappy What is going on?!

So, I did my medical in London on the 6th of January and the results from that got sent to the embassy... then I applied for my police certificate which all came through fine... then the final step was to post all the documentation to the embassy and wait for my interview appointment...

I waited and waited, and checked up on the progress... they said it could take up to four weeks to appear on the system... I called again today and apparently I'm now on the system but they have no record of receiving the documentation... I was told to send an email explaining the situation to londonconsular, which I did, and have now received an auto-reply saying it takes at least three to four days for them to reply...

My proposed leaving day is 88 days away and the worry is killing me! Has anyone else had this happen? Or knows anything that may put my mind at ease?

We can't book my flights or sign for the apartment until this is done...
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is going on?!

What do you mean by "all the documentation"?
You were supposed to send in the checklist saying you have all your civil documents & are ready to interview, and the visa application form(s).
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of

Sorry, yeah, by documentation I meant the checklist and application and stuff
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you wait the 3-4 days for your reply then (today, Monday, is a US Fed. holiday); you're about on the cusp for receiving your interview letter.

It's common for the call center (in Scotland) to see that you are 'on the system' but not know anything about your documents.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: What is going on?!

Thank you that has definitely eased the worrying a little... and i was beginning to wonder why so many Scottish people worked at the embassy lol
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

When you spoke with them, did you mention that you had the medical already? They have your documentation (checklist) already I would think if they have your name showing. They might have meant the medical results which might not yet have been matched up with your file since you took it so early.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

I did mention the medical, yeah. Although I was think I was quite clear about it on the phone, I'm pretty sure she was talking about the checklist and stuff.

I guess I just have to sit tight for a few days now and see what the email response is...

I just feel lucky to have such an organised partner... I never would have been able to sort it all out on my own without without some sort of breakdown! They don't half make it difficult!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

On one of my many expensive phone calls to Scotland thye told me it can take them up to 4 weeks to have their system information updated. If you do a search for the Washington number and speak to someone there they may be able to give you more accurate info.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:38 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frank09
If you do a search for the Washington number and speak to someone there they may be able to give you more accurate info.
Department Of State - 202 663 1225 don't call until Tuesday Washington DC time as they are on a public holiday today.