Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What do you think of British Consular Services?

What do you think of British Consular Services?

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow What do you think of British Consular Services?

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office would like to hear what British nationals living overseas think about the types of consular services delivered by British Embassies, Consulates, and High Commissions. Virtual Surveys, a UK company, has been asked to conduct the research for us. If you'd like to take part in the on-line discussions, details will appear periodically in the banner at the bottom of the screen, or visit http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix...64034.aspx?s=3 for more information

Dean
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:30 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think of British Consular Services?

Originally Posted by British Consul
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office would like to hear what British nationals living overseas think about the types of consular services delivered by British Embassies, Consulates, and High Commissions. Virtual Surveys, a UK company, has been asked to conduct the research for us. If you'd like to take part in the on-line discussions, details will appear periodically in the banner at the bottom of the screen, or visit http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix...64034.aspx?s=3 for more information

Dean
What's it worth to give Orlando a good review?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:39 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the fact that, a couple of years ago, you came out to various British Clubs in Florida (well us at least!) to let us know what info/assistance was available to British tourists in the event of a hurricane arriving, just in case they'd contact the club rather than the Consulate

I also liked that you got a round in when you came out
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dean,

I have to say that I've, thankfully, never had cause to use consular services offered, but I think that you do an outstanding job of keeping people updated as to what is going on through this website and, should I require the consul, you've made sure that we all know exactly where to find you.

Thanks,
-Simon.

[Edit: I've registered by the way]

Last edited by CitySimon; Jun 3rd 2009 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: What do you think of British Consular Services?

Originally Posted by g1ant
What's it worth to give Orlando a good review?
I think I've got a couple of consulate pens kicking around somewhere...

Seriously though, the purpose of the survey is to find out what kind of consular services British nationals living overseas want in the future. Are we getting it right now? What kind of services can we provide in future that we don't provide now? It's your chance to let us know exactly what you need. Your opinions will help to form our next Consular Strategy which runs from 2010 to 2013

Thanks again.

Dean
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:01 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't needed the consular services here in CA but have had wonderful service from the Washington DC Consulate generals offices when doing Dd's citizenship. Twice I was contacted by a Scottish lady called Eadie , (Not sure on the spelling and I forget her last name) she was really friendly and helpful.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, the purpose of the survey is to find out what kind of consular services British nationals living overseas want in the future. Are we getting it right now? What kind of services can we provide in future that we don't provide now? It's your chance to let us know exactly what you need. Your opinions will help to form our next Consular Strategy which runs from 2010 to 2013

Thanks again.

Dean
Get rid of the rip off passport info line, which is staffed by martians who know nothing. Talking to a friendly, knowledgeable chap like yourself if passport issues arise would be wonderful!! Other than that, I think you all do a wonderful job!!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to complain about with US operations, but the Polish consulate was one of the worst experiences in my entire life.

The day I arrived in Warsaw I had my passport and wallet robbed, and had nobody to turn to. I was homeless and destitute. Instead of trying to help, the consulate treated me as if I was a drunken football yob.

I will certainly be glad to go into detail concerning that particular chain of events. Awful.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Dean
Hello Dean,

Although I have never had reason to call on an Embassy/Consultate whilst abroad, being a dual UK/Australian citizen I have been told on several occasions to call the British first in the event of need Keep up the good work!

From one proud British passport holder!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again.

Dean
How about letting us register our foreign born (but british or dual national) children for passports and just paying the same price we would at home and without all the red tape.

Here's dads British passport, heres the babies birth certificate with with dads name on, heres your (well over extortionate) £70 flippin quid ..... now givvus babys passport.

That kinda thing.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Get rid of the rip off passport info line, which is staffed by martians who know nothing. Talking to a friendly, knowledgeable chap like yourself if passport issues arise would be wonderful!! Other than that, I think you all do a wonderful job!!
SECONDED
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:43 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

How about using those diplomatic bags for something useful....

Fill 'em full of Warburtons bread, proper sausages, black pudding, and real bacon....then host ex-pat breakfasts on the lawn....oh and throw a box of PG Tips in there too
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
How about using those diplomatic bags for something useful....

Fill 'em full of Warburtons bread, proper sausages, black pudding, and real bacon....then host ex-pat breakfasts on the lawn....oh and throw a box of PG Tips in there too
And on the bags return trip stick kilo or two of Boliviaia's finest in it.

Oh you probably do that already.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:33 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if you only wanted info from Brits in America but what has happened to the passport service for us Brits in Italy?

We no longer get any help or service from Rome but have to go through an office in Paris now and pay an extra 21 euro for a courier service to get our applications sent and our passports returned.

I am not in France. I am in Italy.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
Completely agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.