Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What do you like about the USA?

What do you like about the USA?

Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:06 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you like about the USA?

Originally Posted by Dan725
Too true, eh. When I was in the army we used to constantly bitch and moan about things - (plenty to bitch about in the back end of the Balkans orAfghanistan where you are stuck for 6 months+) - but it made everyone feel so much better, raises spirits and makes light of crappy situations.

I once met a bloke from Manchester (living in NY) for about an hour at lunch in San Diego during a convention - we had a right laugh, bitching about bad bosses, etc and generally taking the mick. More like best mates after an hour than a lot of people here.
I like:

A great salad bar
T-bone steak
Abundant seafood
Cherry Garcia Low-Fat frozen yoghurt
Red Velvet cake, with cream cheese frosting.
German Chocolate cake made with buttermilk.
Jack Daniels and Diet Coke.
Ice, ice, ice and more ice for drinks.

Air Conditioning.

The turtles that live in my yard.
The lizard that lives on my mailbox.
The woodpeckers and owls that visit our trees.

Charleston, South Carolina
Savannah, Georgia.
The Pacific Coast Highway.

Orange trees, loaded with oranges.
A pumpkin patch on a beautiful autumn day.

The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Drive through dry cleaners and prescription pickup.

Save the best for last - Frozen Margaritas.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:12 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Good Weather

Free Refills

Right On Red

Spacious Houses

...I'm sure I'll think of some other things.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:37 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

100% tax relief on mortgages against 2 properties.

and

4 way stop signs

Ok, I like one more than the other