Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What do we now do with the Bomber?

What do we now do with the Bomber?

Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:49 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do we now do with the Bomber?

Originally Posted by franc111s

As a Christian, I am torn on this issue but I not torn enough to not do whatever I could to save future lives and let my maker decide what that makes me.

I feel like someone should steal him from the police and get him to talk. He doesn't care about his own life anyway, right ? He was going to blow himself up.
Starting to sound a bit like an American fundamentalist Christian who opposes abortion. Watch yourself.

(PS - substitute "blow himself up" with "going to hell anyway")
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vegas
Punish him the Muslim way by cutting his arms and legs off. You can be sure he would never bomb again.
Nice -- Sharia law in the UK, eh!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Unlike me to start a controversial debate ( ) but :-

How far do we go to get this man who was prepared to blow up our fellow Citizens in cold blood, to talk. If we get him to talk, it's possible he could help us expose enough to save hundreds of lives.

As a Christian, I am torn on this issue but I not torn enough to not do whatever I could to save future lives and let my maker decide what that makes me.

I feel like someone should steal him from the police and get him to talk. He doesn't care about his own life anyway, right ? He was going to blow himself up.

Er, try him? You know, law, constitution, stuff like that we are fighting to protect, are we not?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:59 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you who want to 'encourage' him to talk there are plenty of tips on how to attempt that -- from Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay....

I don't suggest flushing the Koran/Q'uran.... nasty consequences outside the walls.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Er...respect his rights, prosecute him in a court of law and, if found guilty and sentenced to a prison term, incarcerate him.
No doubt he will be. But hopefully they'll get some valuable information out of him before he lands in court though.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

What to do with the bomber, first close down the mosques that are giving them hate lesson. I wouldn't send him back to jail as he will sign up other fanatics for his faith....Close down all the websites that are also spounting their hate campaign. Then

Do as Ray said or use him as a bomb disposal person. If he stops other people get killed a gold star, if he blows himself up, it'll be one less nutcase to worry about. Alternatively for all the do gooders out there, send him to a prison specifically for terrorists where they have no outside communication and they spend the rest of their lives there and never allowed out..... Oh and deport all his family and realatives back to Somalia or wherever else they came from...

Last edited by Mercedes; Jul 27th 2005 at 6:06 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
No doubt he will be. But hopefully they'll get some valuable information out of him before he lands in court though.

Dunno how clever they are. The IRA quickly learnt to say absolutely nothing, and it served them very well.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno how clever they are. The IRA quickly learnt to say absolutely nothing, and it served them very well.
The IRA are also training some of AlQaidas terrorists also. Al Quida's intel network is alot better than most Government Intel organisations.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:11 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Mercedes
The IRA are also training some of AlQaidas terrorists also. Al Quida's intel network is alot better than most Government Intel organisations.
Well, when it's difficult to find non-Arabs who can speak/read Arabic....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

If he was brainwashed into bombing mode- then the shock of the bomb not going off will have created some dissonance in his mind...something the experts can use. That's why I said I hope he's still in a bit of shock.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:12 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Mercedes

Sure it costs a lot less and makes more efficient use of manpower. Maybe we could contract them to bring some efficiency to the government sector? With well-paying jobs, a 9-5 routine, a holiday in Majorca twice a year, and a hefty mortgage on a 2-up-2-down, they'd have less time to contemplate on being negative.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Well, when it's difficult to find non-Arabs who can speak/read Arabic....
Know a few non arabs who can. Called having lessons.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:43 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Cherie Blair can represent him and get him exonerated on human rights technicalities http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4721599.stm
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:49 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by dbickle
Maybe Cherie Blair can represent him and get him exonerated on human rights technicalities http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4721599.stm

Maybe it would be a better idea not to infringe on his human rights, then coz:
a/ he's less likely to get off; and b/ you've taken the moral high ground and not let him win.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:53 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it would be a better idea not to infringe on his human rights, then coz:
a/ he's less likely to get off; and b/ you've taken the moral high ground and not let him win.
I'm sure the police will be handling this very delicately in light of the amount of criticism they got for last week's events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.