British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   What do we now do with the Bomber? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/what-do-we-now-do-bomber-316393/)

franc111s Jul 27th 2005 3:54 pm

What do we now do with the Bomber?

Unlike me to start a controversial debate ( :) ) but :-

How far do we go to get this man who was prepared to blow up our fellow Citizens in cold blood, to talk. If we get him to talk, it's possible he could help us expose enough to save hundreds of lives.

As a Christian, I am torn on this issue but I not torn enough to not do whatever I could to save future lives and let my maker decide what that makes me.

I feel like someone should steal him from the police and get him to talk. He doesn't care about his own life anyway, right ? He was going to blow himself up.

doctor scrumpy Jul 27th 2005 3:56 pm

Re: What do we now do with the Bomber?

Originally Posted by franc111s

How far do we go to get this man who was prepared to blow up our fellow Citizens in cold blood, to talk. If we get him to talk, it's possible he could help us expose enough to save hundreds of lives.

As a Christian, I am torn on this issue but I not torn enough to not do whatever I could to save future lives and let my maker decide what that makes me.

I feel like someone should steal him from the police and get him to talk. He doesn't care about his own life anyway, right ? He was going to blow himself up.

Force feed him pork pies till he is ready to squeal. :D

krizzy Jul 27th 2005 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Force feed him pork pies till he is ready to squeal. :D

I soooooooooo miss pork pies........

Taffyles Jul 27th 2005 4:03 pm

He'll be offered a 'discount' on his sentence according to the Beeb. Hopefully he's still in a bit of shock from his failed bomb attempt..clever interrogation might get info out of him in that state.

krizzy Jul 27th 2005 4:10 pm

Maybe we should sit them down with a nice cup of tea..and talk about their childhood problems.....if we find out they did it because their parents never give them an X box for Christmas..the cops should pull a sad face and say.. there there you poor guys.....and let them go.. after first telling them they should never be bad again...and if its not too stressful could they please tell us if they know of any more bad guys....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NJ_Dave Jul 27th 2005 4:16 pm

Hand him over to the SAS, they are very good at getting people to talk. And once they have the information they need, give him back to the police and bring the full force of the law down on him (and I don't mean an ASBO or electronic tag).

AmerLisa Jul 27th 2005 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by krizzy
Maybe we should sit them down with a nice cup of tea..and talk about their childhood problems.....if we find out they did it because their parents never give them an X box for Christmas..the cops should pull a sad face and say.. there there you poor guys.....and let them go.. after first telling them they should never be bad again...and if its not too stressful could they please tell us if they know of any more bad guys....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think the OP was posing a pretty good question and topic. So, since you've got all the wit and sarcasm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What do you think should be done? Or haven't you got an answer that isn't a jibe? :rolleyes:

doctor scrumpy Jul 27th 2005 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by krizzy

Technically they don't do Xmas.

NJ_Dave Jul 27th 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I think the OP was posing a pretty good question and topic. So, since you've got all the wit and sarcasm :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What do you think should be done? Or haven't you got an answer that isn't a jibe? :rolleyes:

I've given my opinion (a pretty sensible one, too). What do you think that the UK authorities should do with him?

anotherlimey Jul 27th 2005 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

I'd say torture was a good idea; but in camp X-Ray, the interrogators have done pretty well without it as far as I know. Then again, they might have tortured them anyway.

AmerLisa Jul 27th 2005 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by dbickle
I've given my opinion (a pretty sensible one, too). What do you think that the UK authorities should do with him?

I didn't offer one. Alright, in light of Krizzy's very intelligent offering....how about they let him have a head start (running of course) if he doesn't give them the information they want, then they'll tackle him and shoot him for the vile skank that he is. Best I could come up with at the moment. :rolleyes:

Sorry Francs.....I think you posed a very good and ethical question. ;)

vegas Jul 27th 2005 4:24 pm

Punish him the Muslim way by cutting his arms and legs off. You can be sure he would never bomb again.

Ray Jul 27th 2005 4:37 pm

1.If they are british subjects repeal The Criminal Justice Bill 1998 section which stopped the death penalty for treason

2. Charge them with treason...

3. If that fails... Assist them with their act of suicide.

elfman Jul 27th 2005 4:45 pm

On a slightly tangential note, what would you all have happen to this bloke:

A British man accused of hacking into the US military computer system left a note on an army computer saying US foreign policy "is akin to government-sponsored terrorism", a court heard today. Gary McKinnon's note continued: "It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand-down on September 11 last year ... I am SOLO [the name by which he was known online]. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels,"

One of the allegations relates to the deletion of operating system files and logs from computers at US naval weapons station Earle at a critical time following the September 11 attacks, which rendered the base's entire network of more than 300 computers inoperable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...=ticker-103704

anotherlimey Jul 27th 2005 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
1.If they are british subjects repeal The Criminal Justice Bill 1998 section which stopped the death penalty for treason

2. Charge them with treason...

3. If that fails... Assist them with their act of suicide.

Alternatively, let him "escape" from a police convoy while driving through a tank range/wild animal park.