Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

what did you do?

what did you do?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

robert76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what did you do?

flordia is back on the cards sarasota to be exact. oul orlando looks a bit to dodge at the mo
seems u cant get a driving license til you have a ss number. looking into renting for a month or so but the waiver insurance option is the pits. what did the rest of ye do when you first arrived?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you do?

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what robert76 is trying to say?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
I don't speak fluent txt so I've no idea either.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:07 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert76
flordia is back on the cards sarasota to be exact. oul orlando looks a bit to dodge at the mo
seems u cant get a driving license til you have a ss number. looking into renting for a month or so but the waiver insurance option is the pits. what did the rest of ye do when you first arrived?
Walked?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TimFountain

i hope to travel to florida in the next week or so. i presume its going to take a while for me to get a social security number and driving license.

i wont be able to buy/drive my own car when i arrive which leaves renting a car as the only option. the quotes im getting from hertz avis etc arent to bad until you add in the extras like damage waiver etc then the quote nearly doubles. i was just wondering what everyone else did when they arrived? is there another cheaper way of renting a car locally maybe?

apologies for the poor post earlier i was half gimped

robert
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

i hope to travel to florida in the next week or so. i presume its going to take a while for me to get a social security number and driving license.

i wont be able to buy/drive my own car when i arrive which leaves renting a car as the only option. the quotes im getting from hertz avis etc arent to bad until you add in the extras like damage waiver etc then the quote nearly doubles. i was just wondering what everyone else did when they arrived? is there another cheaper way of renting a car locally maybe?

apologies for the poor post earlier i was half gimped

robert
some credit cards offer worldwide CDW, see if you have a card that offers it.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Walked?
dont think thats a option unless they have built a mass transit system since i was there last
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:42 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even have a full British license when I arrived so I walked/rode the local buses/caught a ride from my spouse to get around.

You'll do yourself plenty of favors if you trying posting with correct grammar or spelling otherwise you may find your thread moved to the Youth Club.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:55 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I didn't even have a full British license when I arrived so I walked/rode the local buses/caught a ride from my spouse to get around.

You'll do yourself plenty of favors if you trying posting with correct grammar or spelling otherwise you may find your thread moved to the Youth Club.
That's favour with a u.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:57 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
That's favour with a u.
Not in the US!
Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Rent a car for a week ....you can take your test even on a visa waiver

take a test ..pass ..buy your own car ..
Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

How are you even arriving? On a visa of some description or is this a big travel trip?
My SSN took about a week to come through with a CR1 and I did my written test the same day as doing the other DMV paperwork but I had to go almost an hour up the road to find a 'behind the wheel' test this side of Xmas.
End to end the process will be a week or two at least.

Maybe google some 'local' renta-a-wreck type places?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
How are you even arriving?

On some sort of aircraft would be a safe bet
Old Dec 24th 2007, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
On some sort of aircraft would be a safe bet
"In" some sort of aircraft would be an even safer bet.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
some credit cards offer worldwide CDW, see if you have a card that offers it.
rang my credit card providers and none of them offer this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.