View Poll Results: What kind of car does an ex-pat drive?
"Domestic" brand (Ford, Chevrolet, GM etc.)
43.06%
"European" brand (BMW, Volvo, Saab, Land Rover etc.)
15.28%
"Japanese" brand (Honda, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota etc.)
38.89%
"Exotic" brand (Ferrari, Maserati, Skoda etc.)
2.78%
"Other" brand (all the stuff I've forgotten)
0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

What car?

Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:06 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

There is the Dodge Ram, and then there is everything else
Attached Thumbnails What car?-britishexpats-forum-dude...-wheres-my-car.jpg  
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Patrick
There is the Dodge Ram, and then there is everything else
Oh well, here's a picture of mine then!
Attached Thumbnails What car?-ram-2003.jpg  
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen www.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov Don checks out any car he's considering on there first...... he drives the '92 Plymouth Voyager mini-van we bought for me in '94,it had 33.000 miles on it when we bought it,since then he's driven it to Texas,from here,Central Illinois,four times,drives it backwards and forwards to work,uses it to haul the sheets of plywood and anything else he buys all the time,he hooks the boat trailer up to it,and it's only been in the 'shop' for service once,for a new exhaust!......he's been driving it since we traded in his 'mid-life crisis' buy,a Chevy Impala (2000) two weeks after we bought bought it! his 'crisis' cost us $2000!.......still,I got the Dodge Grand Caravan I wanted after all!it's a 2000,we bought it in 2002,haven't had a problem with it either,all Don does is change the oil regularly!Hope you check out that website,it's very useful.....btw....we're REALLY happy with both our vans.....Sophia
p.s. we've had two Chevy Caprices,a Chevy Silverado(ancient!),a Ford150(held together by the rust,but still on the road with the guy he sold it to!),a Chevy Astro......and a partridge in a pear tree!!! lol
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

OOOPS!!!
it's www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:17 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AndySmithers
Oh that's SAD - naming your vehicle!
(My truck is called Terence!).

Andy.
I hate to admit it, but I call my car Kit. I know...
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rockgurl
I hate to admit it, but I call my car Kit. I know...
Does it talk back and call you Michael?
Old Jun 19th 2004, 5:03 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Does it talk back and call you Michael?

Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What car?

Originally posted by dbj1000
So, taking my next poll from the discussion of my last poll again:

What do we ex-pats tend to drive?

...and why don't I just get it over with and invite you all to tell me why the categories in my poll are wrong for starters, eh?
Has to be a Honda, I have had about 5 to 6 of them and they do the deed. If I were wealthy then I go German but I am not.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by superpat
Any excuse to post a pic - I'm the only exotic so far...

Pat
Yes that is one of my dream cars, the good thing is that they are cheaper in this country.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

superpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to all

Originally posted by veryfunny
Yes that is one of my dream cars, the good thing is that they are cheaper in this country.
Yup - I sold my last one ('95 993 Coupe) through a dealer in the UK. Even after he'd taken his cut, I had enough to buy a '96 cabriolet over here - one year newer, less mileage - with some change.

Where in No Cal are you, veryfunny? Let me know if you're anywhere near me (San Jose), I'll take you out for a spin sometime.

Cheers,

Pat
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by superpat
Yup - I sold my last one ('95 993 Coupe) through a dealer in the UK. Even after he'd taken his cut, I had enough to buy a '96 cabriolet over here - one year newer, less mileage - with some change.

Where in No Cal are you, veryfunny? Let me know if you're anywhere near me (San Jose), I'll take you out for a spin sometime.

Cheers,

Pat
Currently at San Bruno for now.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:46 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

With petrol this cheap, you've simply gotta get yourself a guzzler convertible and contribute to environmental blah blah blah.
Attached Thumbnails What car?-ta06.jpg  
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:46 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by syllk
With petrol this cheap, you've simply gotta get yourself a guzzler convertible and contribute to environmental blah blah blah.
Wow! It's a VFP!!!

(Very Fast Pig)

Personally I like my car to lack nostrils.

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:09 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbj1000
Wow! It's a VFP!!!

(Very Fast Pig)

Personally I like my car to lack nostrils.

I know, I know, it's one of those love it or hate it things. Still, it beats the little Fiesta that I used to whizz around in in England. Actually, coming to think of it, I miss that car...

Plano eh? They're currently trying to shift a load of our tech people over there.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

We bought one of these tonight A Focus SES. Although our's is blue.
Attached Thumbnails What car?-focus.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.