Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What can I expect at the London interview?

What can I expect at the London interview?

Old Jul 12th 2003, 9:23 pm
2 hearts one goal

picard is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What can I expect at the London interview?

Please can someone prime me for this interview? Does it involve me sitting in a darkened room with bright lights being shone at me.....HOW MANY LIGHTS ARE THERE sort of thing..........then Mr Nasty/Mr nice? One with a coffee the other with a basball bat????

Ive heard many 'rumours' but what is the truth behind this much daunted interview ?:scared:
Old Jul 13th 2003, 2:45 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can I expect at the London interview?

Originally posted by picard
Please can someone prime me for this interview? Does it involve me sitting in a darkened room with bright lights being shone at me.....HOW MANY LIGHTS ARE THERE sort of thing..........then Mr Nasty/Mr nice? One with a coffee the other with a basball bat????

Ive heard many 'rumours' but what is the truth behind this much daunted interview ?:scared:
what type of interview and where?

Patrick
Old Jul 13th 2003, 4:08 am
2 hearts one goal

picard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
what type of interview and where?

Patrick
ARRGH you mean theres more than one???? I thought it was just an interview see the doc,drop ya pants cough then thats it?
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by picard
Please can someone prime me for this interview? ....
Please excuse Patrick, he is naturally obtuse.

Check this thread for people's experiences of the medical and interview.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 4:42 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
Please excuse Patrick, he is naturally obtuse.

Check this thread for people's experiences of the medical and interview.

This site has peoples experiences for all types of interviews, questions are easier to answer when we know what type of visa you are being interviewed for - If it was a K1 visa you would indeed need a second AOS interview. Pulaski is naturally an asshole. This site has peoples interview experiences for K1 and I-130 and will give you a good idea how peoples days in London went. There are several reccuring themes for all interviews

1. The toilet in the doctors office
2. How easy the medical is
3. How the embassy staff are there to help you not hinder you

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Good Luck

Patrick
Old Jul 13th 2003, 5:52 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default i just had mine

just had my L1 interview last week

i expected to be in a room face to face having to answer gestapo like interrogation

it was actually a pleasant experience - the guy was very nice and just asked me a couple of questions about where I was going to live and the country music scene in Tennessee

had to wait for 3 hours past my interview time tho :-(
Old Jul 13th 2003, 6:09 pm
abb
Forum Regular

abb is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be having Green Card I-140 interview soon, I would be very grateful for some advise.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by abb
I will be having Green Card I-140 interview soon, I would be very grateful for some advise.
Advice is spelt with a 'C' not a 'S'. Is that the tip u r after ?

yours jovially
Old Jul 13th 2003, 9:48 pm
abb
Forum Regular

abb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Advice is spelt with a 'C' not a 'S'. Is that the tip u r after ?

yours jovially
Sorry Doc! Yes I am
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

We could change the name of the Forum:
"Smart Arse forum"
"Clever Dick Forum"
"Not sure if coming or going Forum"

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

I actually find the comments of Patrick, Pulaski and Frrussre most entertaining..... but maybe I have a twisted sense of humour

Regarding adviCe for the interview, I would say this. Attending the Medical and the Embassy interview is like taking a bus journey. You queue up, do a lot of waiting, eventually a bus comes along, you get on, you pay your fare (a silly amount of money!), and take a seat with all the other travellers. You go along with the ride because thats all you can do if you want to get to the USA. The bus driver knows the route well and he's not going to let anyone else drive! BUT you can make your journey comfortable for yourself. I would stress this: Your paperwork speaks for you so take time to prepare it - this is where you can have an impact on your result. Also, be prepared to answer any question. You can search on this site to see what questions other people have been asked to give you an idea.
Personally, I spent most of my time looking like a 'rabbit caught in headlights' and did all I could to not vomit on the immigration officers booth, however there were many people at the embassy that day who were perfectly relaxed and actually enjoyed the experience, and happily got off the bus clutching their visa :PARTY:
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by frrussre
We could change the name of the Forum:
"Smart Arse forum"
"Clever Dick Forum"
"Not sure if coming or going Forum"

Reg. Frank R.
Surely it has always been that way on here Frank ?
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Surely it has always been that way on here Frank ?
Right on. It's what us Brits are good at. The Yanks (Apart from a few) will never get it. It's why English, Irish, Scottish & Welsh comedians never make it here. We are way tooooooo dry for them. It's one of the few things, I really miss about blighty.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

bizzie@herdesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picard...

when is the interview????

and can you post the details in the marriage based forum please... there are a few ppl there with interview dates in august.. and probably the same concerns as you...

thank youuuu

Bee
UK to USA
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice

I'm assuming the Interview will be in London - if it was anything like mine (8 months ago) it should go a bit like this ...

1) Depending on your surname, you either get sent off for a medical or an interview first. You have to proceed immediately from one to the other but I'd arrived the day before and found the two places so just retraced my steps rather than floundered about in a state of panic wondering whether or not I was going in the right direction. Anyways, I had medical first (Surnames A-L). Said goodbye to fiancee at door and went in.

In my case, the medical involved a chest Xray (they check for TB), drawing blood (a nurse does this) and a medical examination by a doctor, which lasted about 5-10 minutes - in my case it was more of a chat and a cough than anything else. Was given Xray and some forms and walked (with fiancee in tow) to Embassy.

At the Embassy you go in past the English Police (again I'd walked it the day before) and then hand in your documents which you are supposed to bring with you. I sat with all the people I'd been at the Medical with (5 of us) and we chatted away.

After a while you are called to the desk (kind of like Immigration booths at US airports) and you sign things in front of the officer. What happens after that I think is determined by how thorough your initial packet submissions were. I brought my file (with triplicate copies of forms / documents), Letters, Phone bills, Photographs with various places / family members / etc in background, Along with 2 photo albums.

Basically the guy I had wanted to know 2 things - Can my wife to be support me initially (yes - affidavit showed her above poverty level by a safe margin) and were we telling the truth about how we met. The guy saw my 5" thick file and asked me a few questions, such as how did we meet, etc but nothing tricky like my mother in laws maiden name / size of our new house in sq ft etc ! At one point he said when did you last see your fiancee and I said "She's over here in London now" at which point he said that he was convinced. I said, do you not want to look at my photo albums then ? And he said "No, you know something is worrying if I want to look at them !" Total interview time : About 5-8 minutes.

I was told I had been granted my K-1 Visa but had to come back for it later.

Of course this might not be typical but it's what I went through.

Hope it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.