Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Brand Do You Use?

What Brand Do You Use?

Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Brand Do You Use?

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
We use Seventh Generation and Method for our cleaning stuff and swear by them. They really are good and don't knock you out like all the other stuff.
Yae..I'm not the only hippy that use's that stuff then
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bob]
Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Check out Biore...the line of shite is great...god, I'm such a girl...but really, I get it for the missus....
Yeah, right!

NC Penguin
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

Yeah, right!

:scared: indeed
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:31 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
We use Seventh Generation and Method for our cleaning stuff and swear by them. They really are good and don't knock you out like all the other stuff.
Where is this stuff from? regular or wholefood shops?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:46 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Suavitel in the yellow bottle makes the laundry smell great. They also make dryer sheets in the same scent.

I can't punt the lavender Fabuloso enough. The lavender scent lingers for a couple of days, and cleans floors a treat. Can find it everywhere (not like the days I started using it where I had to go to the local cantina to get it!)
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Yae..I'm not the only hippy that use's that stuff then

I much prefer organic but the cost with a big house and a bunch of kids where I have to clean non stop can be prohibitive. I counter it by using baking soda/white vinegar now and then and when using chemicals open all the windows and always wear gloves. One reason I don't mind the TubnTile foam and the lysol foam toilet cleaner (which both clean a treat) is that they don't let off that chemical smell.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Health Food stores.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I much prefer organic but the cost with a big house and a bunch of kids where I have to clean non stop can be prohibitive. I counter it by using baking soda/white vinegar now and then and when using chemicals open all the windows and always wear gloves. One reason I don't mind the TubnTile foam and the lysol foam toilet cleaner (which both clean a treat) is that they don't let off that chemical smell.
I only got it from the local co-op because they had a member sale and it was cheaper than the regular stuff, and now stock up on it when I see it on reduced price, really like the seventh generation stuff, but the planet stuff is great too...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:50 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Seventh Generation stuff from the Co-op or drugstore.com have a half price sale on them at the moment. Drugstore.com have Mrs Meyers on sale which is also supposed to be good. The Method is at the Co-op but a couple of bucks cheaper at our local supermarket. Method stuff is in trendy bottles too
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:35 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always used unscented Baby wipes to clean off make up. They work just as well and cost a fraction of the price and come in a huge plastic container. Very often on "special" at pharmacy, two for the price of one...top tip of the day.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I've always used unscented Baby wipes to clean off make up. They work just as well and cost a fraction of the price and come in a huge plastic container. Very often on "special" at pharmacy, two for the price of one...top tip of the day.
I have heard several celebrities on TV say they use baby wipes too! I have just discovered WalMarts own make up wipes, which seem pretty good. I have sensitive skin and a lot of skin care products make my skin red and itchy. I also use Oil of Olay Regenerist skin care products which I find great as anything containing Retinol, Retin A, Alpha Hydroxy burns my face.

I used to buy Kleenex Cottonelle toilet rolls but now buy the huge packs of Charmain from Costco, not found anything as good as Andrex though. Mr Klean blue on the tiled floors, Lysol for the bathrooms, always spray Lysol anti bacterial spray in the bins.

After using a top loading washer for 2 yrs when we lived in a rental, I bought a front loader, which washers much better but nothing like as good as my Hoover washer in the UK. What is it with the spin speeds here? In the UK the washing came out of the washer almost dry, here it is still wet, sometimes I spin it a second time but it doesn't make any difference.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl
After using a top loading washer for 2 yrs when we lived in a rental, I bought a front loader, which washers much better but nothing like as good as my Hoover washer in the UK. What is it with the spin speeds here? In the UK the washing came out of the washer almost dry, here it is still wet, sometimes I spin it a second time but it doesn't make any difference.[/QUOTE]

Ha!ha! I would come home some days and find my washing machine halfway down the corridor....
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Ha!ha! I would come home some days and find my washing machine halfway down the corridor....
Was it trying to escape? LOL
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:08 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

So I've done it again come home and brought back ONE PLY toilet paper by accident
ARGH!!!! I've done that a bunch of times...who the hell decided 1 ply would be a good idea....it should be illegal
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
ARGH!!!! I've done that a bunch of times...who the hell decided 1 ply would be a good idea....it should be illegal
1-ply is for those who use the fold technique to wipe their asses...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.