Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Brand Do You Use?

What Brand Do You Use?

Old Mar 12th 2006, 12:46 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Brand Do You Use?

So I've done it again come home and brought back ONE PLY toilet paper by accident . I was trying to find something that wasnt thick and patterned just plain old soft toilet paper. So any recommendations on that and..

Floor Cleaners, I got some pine stuff and the house still smells like a hospital ward trying to cover up incontinence

Toilet cleaners, do they have something like toilet duck?

Facial wipes (that take off your makeup) that are similar to No7. I will be able to tell I have a life again when I go out enough to run out!

Something like salad cream thats not ranch?

And anything that you have found that you like enough to mention
Old Mar 12th 2006, 12:59 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Brand Do You Use?

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
So I've done it again come home and brought back ONE PLY toilet paper by accident . I was trying to find something that wasnt thick and patterned just plain old soft toilet paper. So any recommendations on that and..

Floor Cleaners, I got some pine stuff and the house still smells like a hospital ward trying to cover up incontinence

Toilet cleaners, do they have something like toilet duck?

Facial wipes (that take off your makeup) that are similar to No7. I will be able to tell I have a life again when I go out enough to run out!

Something like salad cream thats not ranch?

And anything that you have found that you like enough to mention
I never see the point in 1-ply bogroll....but I read somewhere ages ago that Americans are scrunchers rather than folders (who the hell does these surveys), so maybe that explains it, although it all sounds too haphazard/hitandmiss for my liking.......

That floor cleaner sounds good - cover up my toddlers accidents!!! what brand is it?

Facial wipes...not found one that doesn't get stuck in my beard

Salad cream - we can get heinz at Kroger, and normally have some in the fridge, but I'm more 1000island with tabasco or homemade vinaigrette...

If you're forced to go with mass produced American beer, Shiner Bock (breewed in Texas!) or some of the Sam Adams concoctions are about the best we see...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:07 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I never see the point in 1-ply bogroll....but I read somewhere ages ago that Americans are scrunchers rather than folders (who the hell does these surveys), so maybe that explains it, although it all sounds too haphazard/hitandmiss for my liking.......

If you're forced to go with mass produced American beer, Shiner Bock (breewed in Texas!) or some of the Sam Adams concoctions are about the best we see...
Scrunchers brilliant! thats where I'm going wrong and beer forgot about beer havn't found an american one I like but USC OH insists on heinekin so that tells me something. As he's away I am drinking Carlsberg
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Ch Ch Ch Charmin BIG rolls.

Clorox bog cleaning wipe thingies.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:13 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Scrunchers brilliant! thats where I'm going wrong and beer forgot about beer havn't found an american one I like but USC OH insists on heinekin so that tells me something. As he's away I am drinking Carlsberg
Was at a toddlers party last week and one of the other (USC) dads I met was banging on about how he'd spent a few months in the UK and loved the beer. He coudn't remember what the brew he was most fond of was called, but I was quite warming to the fella as he kept going on about how great this beer was, and how he wished there were english style pubs here etc etc. At the end of the party, he came dashing over all excited cos he'd remembered the name of the beer he loved........HARP :scared:
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Was at a toddlers party last week and one of the other (USC) dads I met was banging on about how he'd spent a few months in the UK and loved the beer. He coudn't remember what the brew he was most fond of was called, but I was quite warming to the fella as he kept going on about how great this beer was, and how he wished there were english style pubs here etc etc. At the end of the party, he came dashing over all excited cos he'd remembered the name of the beer he loved........HARP :scared:
Stays sharp to the bottom of the glass.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Stays sharp to the bottom of the glass.
You're not old enough to remember that?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I am forever trying new brands with the faint hope I will like something new But my biggest pain has to be the washing liquid, for now I'm using Cheer dark formula & All small & mighty for whites with me adding the Bletch, there not to bad for the Boys and my stuff but Hubby's uniforms Pretty sure it's the machines dont wash the clothes as well as the ones back home.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:29 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf is wrong with harp ???
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by britvic
I am forever trying new brands with the faint hope I will like something new But my biggest pain has to be the washing liquid, for now I'm using Cheer dark formula & All small & mighty for whites with me adding the Bletch, there not to bad for the Boys and my stuff but Hubby's uniforms Pretty sure it's the machines dont wash the clothes as well as the ones back home.
I know sometimes I'm not sure that things have actually been washed, dont know if its the big machines which everyone here raves about or that the stuff you put in that doesnt smell. I just keep buying stuff and not liking it. My other thing is the kitchens having no draining board I dont like always using dishwasher specially now when its just me, but theres no where to put stuff after youve washed it.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Wtf is wrong with harp ???
errr... nothing boss but tonight I can only offfer you carlsberg or some JD that gives me headache
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:32 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

My other thing is the kitchens having no draining board I dont like always using dishwasher specially now when its just me, but theres no where to put stuff after youve washed it.
I hate that - sure you have the two sink thing here but i'd rather have one decent sized sink and a draining board.

Looks like we're in for a wild saturday night
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:33 am
Thinking about it

errr... nothing boss but tonight I can only offfer you carlsberg or some JD that gives me headache
Actually despite the fact that i used to drink it at home its not that great but i feel obliged to defend it as its brewed about 5 miles from my folk's house
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:35 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

You can get No.7 products at Target so you may find the make-up remover you are after there.

The nearest thing I have found to salad cream here is Miracle Whip. It is slightly tangy compared to mayonnaise but not as tangy as salad cream. I've never done it but you could try adding white vinegar and see if that makes it more like salad cream.

As already mentioned - clorox products are good for the bathroom and kitchen but just be careful because they are strong on bleach and ruin your clothes quickly if you splash any of it on you.

Brtivic - I've found that ALL is really good if you rub it in to any stains. I don't you bleach half as often as I would normally have to.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I hate that - sure you have the two sink thing here but i'd rather have one decent sized sink and a draining board.

Looks like we're in for a wild saturday night
I thought exactly the same, why am I posting about toilet rolls? Saturdays nights definitely have changed for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.