Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What ambitions have you left in life?

Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:21 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default What ambitions have you left in life?

I am 26, and I have two ambitions at the moment for the future!

(1) to run a marathon for charity

(2) to go to a world cup and watch ENG-ER-LAND

What are your ambitions and how do they compare?

Lee
Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:32 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

1) Get to America (eventually)

2) Buy a Harley

3) Form another all-female Rock band

4) Buy a house in New England

5) Get married and live happily ever after.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 2:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What ambitions have you left in life?

Originally posted by waxwabbit

Lee
1. Visit every ball park in the US

2. Go to an F1 race

3. Have a really good bowel movement

Patrick
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:31 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Graduate
2. Get high paying IT job
3. Buy a very large house and fill with kids and a dog
4. Visit every state in the U.S
5. Build a 5 a side football pitch in back garden
6. Pay off student loans...yes definitely gonna be the last thing I do.

Last edited by tony_2003; Sep 14th 2003 at 7:41 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:53 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Patrick
3. Have a really good bowel movement

Patrick
I think that comes under the heading of "too much information"

My ambitions are a bit less biological in nature

1) See my kids grow up to be wonderful kind people

2) Survive the TSC gauntlet and spend forever with my darling

That pretty much covers it unless you throw in things like weigh what I did when I was 18 and rid the world of boy bands!
Old Sep 14th 2003, 6:23 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

1 - See Dundee FC win the Champions League.

2 - See the European Flag fly over every building in England and the Scottish one in Scotland.

3 - To discover who Pulaski is!

4 - To spend some time with Kylie Minogue or at least her rear.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 10:03 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Thats reminded me, how could I forget my number 3:

Visit every state in the US

Thats a long way off though!!!!!

I remember on my last trip to the US, we were on a ferry going to Ocracoke Island in NC, and there was this Home Van - what is it???winnerbego???(lol spelling) and on the side of it was a massive map of N America with nearly every state visited, plus Canada and most of the States in Mexico!!!!

cool
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by waxwabbit

Lee

Good question. Right now, I have a yearning to improve my English side since I am both American and English (like most of you folks on the Expat>Lifestyle>USA forum).
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scotch03
1 - See Dundee FC win the Champions League.
What with Johnny Di Steffano on the board, not a chance, I could tell you a tale or two about him, I knew him for years.

Rob
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:16 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by tony_2003
1. Graduate
2. Get high paying IT job
3. Buy a very large house and fill with kids and a dog
4. Visit every state in the U.S
5. Build a 5 a side football pitch in back garden
6. Pay off student loans...yes definitely gonna be the last thing I do.
So if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Best of luck with the degree, I looked into U of O a few years ago to do some postgrad work but for several reasons I chose to wait and look at other schools. Eugene is a great little town though, and would prob. be a very fun place to live. As you probably know, there are many technology companies in Portland and a lot of them have U of O alumni executive staff.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 4:31 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

1) Get my cob house finished.
2) Figure out how to get out of the technology industry, without giving up the income.
3) Have this funny lump seen to
4) Appreciate my friends more, because one never knows how long they will be around for.
5) Appreciate myself more, for the same reason given in 4)
6) Make more of an effort to get back across the pond to see my family more frequently

All I can think of for now...
Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:14 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
So if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Best of luck with the degree, I looked into U of O a few years ago to do some postgrad work but for several reasons I chose to wait and look at other schools. Eugene is a great little town though, and would prob. be a very fun place to live. As you probably know, there are many technology companies in Portland and a lot of them have U of O alumni executive staff.
Thanks mate. Yeah Eugene is a pretty cool place to live, although surprisingly expensive for a college town. If you can deal with the duck signs on every pane of glass and on most of the students then life aint too bad here.

They just built a new stadium for the ducks that any Premiership team would be proud to own...40 million I believe. Of course it helps if the owner of Nike went to U of O and paid for the thing.

I'm not sure if we will stay in Oregon after I graduate, my wife wants to teach in Britain for a few years for some crazy reason. I have a few years to change her mind though

Told my wife that I must visit Wankers Corner...she thought I was joking until I showed her the website
Old Sep 15th 2003, 6:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna see Stockport County in the Premiership

a lifetime ambition it will be.........
Old Sep 15th 2003, 7:03 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

ROBCLEWS

Tell all! I heard some things about war lords and the likes!
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:56 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

1) See my kids grow up in one piece and still like me!
2) Celebrate my Golden Wedding Anniversary with my hubby and still be totally in Love.
3) Own and live in a wonderful house in the English countryside (but only 1 hour away from London, for the shopping).
4) Give up smoking...
5) Be happy.

Pretty much covers it I think.

Emm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.