Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What’s in a car's number plate?

What’s in a car's number plate?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:29 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What’s in a car's number plate?

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Im pretty sure there was a guy in the UK (im sure i saw it on Top Gear) with

PEN 1S
I think this one is PEN 15 which was issued pre-politically corrct times.

Nowadays PEN 1 S would not pass official muster.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:30 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Nowadays my PEN 1 S would not pass official muster.
Sounds like a personal problem!

Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:40 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElsieTheMaid
Sounds like a personal problem!
A pox on plagiarism............. :scared:
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I wanted my plate to read P155 0FF, but the Memsahib made me settle for something tamer.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

Here in Germany I saw a plate with "SADAM" :scared:
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:21 pm
Franklin

While literally idling and mind wandering I perchanced on a Virginia plate today, "IDLING".

Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:31 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
While literally idling and mind wandering I perchanced on a Virginia plate today, "IDLING".
Having grown up outside DC, I can say that is DEFINITELY an appropriate plate to have a car there!

~ Jenney
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw a great one this morning, was a sticker of the "scream" painting by the plate and the license was "BUSH AGN"
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:23 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Having grown up outside DC, I can say that is DEFINITELY an appropriate plate to have a car there!

~ Jenney
"Ain't that the truth!"

Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Just saw a great one this morning, was a sticker of the "scream" painting by the plate and the license was "BUSH AGN"

Amen to that.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Amen to that.
found thsi one on the web courtest of thesmokinggun.com
Attached Thumbnails What’s in a car's number plate?-assorgy.jpg  
Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt
found thsi one on the web courtest of thesmokinggun.com
That's good
surprised they were allowed to have it...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:05 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bob
That's good
surprised they were allowed to have it...
That's in a standard letter/number format for Florida, so its quite possible it was issued automatically rather than someone ordering it...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by James Box
That's in a standard letter/number format for Florida, so its quite possible it was issued automatically rather than someone ordering it...
Then even more priceless
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:22 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I saw one at lunch today that made me laugh.... FUGLY!

Didn't see what the owner looked like, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.