Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Were would you go.

Wikiposts

Were would you go.

Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:37 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Were would you go.

Originally Posted by Ray
You could have visited me .....
Would probably had been the highlight of your life
you were in bloody hiding when I went their. think you did it on purpose.

</IMG>
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
If I weren't so out of shape, and if i could afford the time off, I'd love to hike the Appalachian Trail. They say it takes 6mo to hike from Maine to Georgia. And then head out to Yellowstone Park and see the Badlands of North/South Dakota. I've always wanted to visit the plains to see 'Indian' territory.
I did a day on the AT recently and it put me off for life. Bugs, heat, no views, huge rock faces (they said it was an 'easy' section pah), and I had a headache by the end.

And last time I tried to do any of the AT was when I tried to climb Mt Katahdin and ended up in the ER with heat exhaustion.

Bill Bryson's book A Walk in the Woods is a must-read before you hike the AT...
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Its quite something isn't it; you don't think of desert in eastern WA.
Eastern Oregon is very similar - last time I was there they stopped our raft trip halfway through because helicopters were scooping water out of the river to fight a nearby fire.

To answer the OP... I've seen a lot of America so I'd do the bits I've missed. Monterey, Napa Valley, Yosemite out of season, Montana, Glacier National Park, Alaska, Hawaii, maybe Minnesota. And Tahoe to see family.

I'd like to go down to Baja too, but is there much there?

Maine is nice right now in case anyone's wondering! Sunny but crisp and the leaves are just starting to really turn.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Alaska

I havn't been there yet ..... Driving of course
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:33 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

The north-east in autumn, any of the many national parks around the country, Alaska, and there are a bunch of cities that I would love to visit such as Seattle, Washington DC, Boston...
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:05 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I did a day on the AT recently and it put me off for life. Bugs, heat, no views, huge rock faces (they said it was an 'easy' section pah), and I had a headache by the end.
Depends on what section you do. I find North Carolina to be a good section of the AT especially around Albert Mountain (see pic).

Timing is key for hikes. Late fall (before hunting session though) and spring. Reduces the bugs but they are apart of hiking.
Attached Thumbnails Were would you go.-albert_mountain.jpg  
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lisa67
San Fransisco then drive down to LA with a tour of the Napa Valley.
Hawaii
Lake Tahoe
Colorado
Charleston.....hmm to mention just a few
WayHay, I've done all of them, except didn't do too much in Napa Valley. Lake Tahoe,skiing, twice.........very nice!! Just went to Colorado in July, fantastic, went up to the top of Pikes Peak 15,000 ft, went to Vail, Aspen Colorado Springs (Garden of the Gods) and Denver. Cali & Coli great states!! Charleston is nice, but I don't think it has a patch on Savannah!!