British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   We're here! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/were-here-234873/)

whatever Jun 7th 2004 4:45 am

We're here!

Hello everyone :D
To those of you who have worried about where we had got to - no worries - we're alive, well and in the US of A!

Many thanks to all the well wishers who have e-mailed and Pm'd us. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. We bought ourselves a shiny new PC from Best Buy about a week ago but this is the first chance I've had to sit down, log on and rattle a few keys! Have I missed much?

I shall write up our 'adventure so far' soon and post it on here for anyone who's interested in how our move has unfolded over the last 2 weeks (2 weeks? Feels like we've been here months already!).

Taraaaaaaaaa for now xx

elf Jun 7th 2004 7:59 am

Re: We're here!

Originally posted by whatever
To those of you who have worried about where we had got to - no worries - we're alive, well and in the US of A!

Many thanks to all the well wishers who have e-mailed and Pm'd us. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. We bought ourselves a shiny new PC from Best Buy about a week ago but this is the first chance I've had to sit down, log on and rattle a few keys! Have I missed much?

I shall write up our 'adventure so far' soon and post it on here for anyone who's interested in how our move has unfolded over the last 2 weeks (2 weeks? Feels like we've been here months already!).

I am about 4 months away from moving over and wondered what people found were the most scary bits to deal with.
I have the daunting task ok resigning over here, which will be a nightmare, I dont have an employee friendly boss.
I also am concerned about what happens in the first few days of arriving. I will hopefully have someone from my new company to meet me at the airport and should have accomodation provided.

But I would like to know how others coped in their first few weeks and what they would or wouldnt do again.

Taraaaaaaaaa for now xx
:scared: :scared:

elf Jun 7th 2004 8:00 am

sorry my text got mixed up with whatevers

ladyofthelake Jun 7th 2004 1:16 pm

Hi whatever,
good to hear you're alive and well. Expect things have been a bit chaotic lately.

BTW Elf, you can always click on the edit/delete at the bottom of your post and move your text to after the end quote.

cathy22w Jun 7th 2004 1:39 pm

Originally posted by whatever

Taraaaaaaaaa for now xx
Was wondering how you were getting on!
Glad all is well - it's a great feeling.

All the best - looking forward to hearing all about it!

snorkmaiden Jun 7th 2004 2:05 pm

Hey Whatever, what an introduction to the area you must be having with all the storms we've had in DFW this last week.

Hope everyone is enjoying it thus far :)

doctor scrumpy Jun 7th 2004 2:13 pm

About bloody time too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Been a year since we were all sweating on visa waiver results together.

Congrats to all of u

RoB1833 Jun 7th 2004 2:20 pm

It is about time!

Hard to believe we went to the interview on the same day and I've been here almost a year already!

Congrats!

Lesley1020 Jun 7th 2004 2:36 pm

So glad to hear you're all safe and well! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

Take care :)

Lion in Winter Jun 7th 2004 4:24 pm

Welcome to the big 'ol USA.:)

Henry George Jun 8th 2004 12:17 am

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

Been a year since we were all sweating on visa waiver results together.

Yeah, and I will be locking my car up every night and getting a house alarm now we have 2 more crooks on the streets. What is this country comming too??

Lion in Winter Jun 8th 2004 12:21 am

Pay no attention to this fellow Whatever. Some threads do 'ave 'em.

dbj1000 Jun 8th 2004 12:28 am

Whatever! Welcome to Plano.

So it was you who brought all the storms, eh?

:)

honeymommy Jun 8th 2004 2:21 am

Congratulations on your move.... Wonderfull news....

Just stay out of best buy and you will do great.... It's addictive you know.... :D

(((((((((((hug))))))))))))

HunterGreen Jun 8th 2004 12:33 pm

I'm so glad you finally made it! Best wishes for your new life! :)

Elaine :)