Reload this Page >

We're buying a house!

We're buying a house!

Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Gruff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're buying a house!

Hello everyone, I'm new here.
Me and my family (wife and 2 boys) moved over to North Carolina a year ago. We are buying our 1st US home Friday, we are sooooo excited!
Need some advice any basic stuff like,
1 Who should we go for with regards to TV provider? We haven't had TV for about 6 months, (Netflix only).
2 Where can I get a Union Jack from to stick up at the front?
2 Where the hell can I get nice Bacon from!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:16 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're buying a house!

Originally Posted by Gruff
Me and my family (wife and 2 boys) moved over to North Carolina a year ago. We are buying our 1st US home Friday, we are sooooo excited!
1 Who should we go for with regards to TV provider? We haven't had TV for about 6 months, (Netflix only).
Loads of flag places online.

Your British bacon is close by in Lumberton, NC.

http://www.britishbacon.com/comersus...rsus_index.asp
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and your family. And welcome to BE.

1. Haven't a clue. Check out cable provides in NC online and make your choice.

2. If you fly the Union Jack you should also fly the Am. Flag.

3. Do a search of the forums ... lots of answers and if you have been in the US for a year, why haven't you already found a source?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Why I have never seen that shop in Lumberton? I might go right now, my son can walk back from school!

I will get the stars and stripes as well as union jack. both my sons now have US passports so I guess I need both.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I will get the stars and stripes as well as union jack. both my sons now have US passports so I guess I need both.
It's more of a 'respect' thing than a USC thing to fly both flags, remember that the US flag has to be higher than the Union jack.

Welcome to BE and good luck with your new house
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Gruff to BE, Whereabouts are you in NC? as for TV we have DirectTV but as you will find they may have 150+ channels but you only get about 20+ the rest are pfv.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

We're in the cultural ans social vacuum that is Fayetteville. It is now my home so I shouldn't be mean. Apparently it's an up and coming place, just wish they'd hurry up!
I know what you mean about the tv, we did have Time Warner but binned it because it was crap! Guess I need Showtime as we're missing the new season of Dexter
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

no ideas to your questions, but welcome to BE!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
.... remember that the US flag has to be higher than the Union jack.
I'm not sure that this actually true

I think that this was one of Angry White PJs' issues with his HOA, and that he was able to prove that both countries' flags are supposed to be at the same level. I think that it was, like, some United Nations law/rule/edict, and that the US was actually a signatory to it.

However...I'm not actually bothered enough to look back at the old threads LOL
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

I think that this was one of Angry White PJs' issues with his HOA, and that he was able to prove that both countries' flags are supposed to be at the same level. I think that it was, like, some United Nations law/rule/edict, and that the US was actually a signatory to it.

You could be right...maybe I am just thinking of military housing, I know that we had to have the US flag higher than any other Country flag outside the house.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
You could be right...maybe I am just thinking of military housing, I know that we had to have the US flag higher than any other Country flag outside the house.

The naughty side of me is inclined to put three different National flags up at the same level, and see what our HOA does
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That is true if you have two flag poles. The US flag goes on the right (your left if you are facing it) and the foreign and/or state flag goes on the left (your right if you are facing it). If it is single flag pole, the US flag is flown on top of the foreign and/or state flag.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

1. try this site: http://www.connectmycable.com/
or alternatively you could get an outdoor mounted HD ariel and get most of the basic channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, FOX) in HD for free. Depends on your area what channels you can pick up. We cancelled cable in the summer and have never looked back. I also got a cable to hook the lappy up to the TV and - hey presto - we can watch any of the shows that are available on the internet, the picture quality is better than basic cable.

2. We got cheap large flags on Amazon for about £5 each, any hardware store will sell brackets and flagpoles.

3. You have a great source of locally made British Bacon in your state!! http://www.britishbacon.com/comersus...rsus_index.asp
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:43 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

The naughty side of me is inclined to put three different National flags up at the same level, and see what our HOA does
see what they do with a taliban flag...
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:45 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

We're in the cultural ans social vacuum that is Fayetteville. It is now my home so I shouldn't be mean. Apparently it's an up and coming place, just wish they'd hurry up!
I know what you mean about the tv, we did have Time Warner but binned it because it was crap! Guess I need Showtime as we're missing the new season of Dexter
Spent a year living just up the road in Sanford - definitely a culture shock. I think that our cable provider was Charter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.