Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Welsh/Brits in Oklahoma City area?

Welsh/Brits in Oklahoma City area?

Old May 18th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about
Default Welsh/Brits in Oklahoma City area?

Looking to hook up with fellow Welsh/Brits in the Oklahoma City area. Anybody out there?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Welsh/Brits in Oklahoma City area?

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK
Looking to hook up with fellow Welsh/Brits in the Oklahoma City area. Anybody out there?
Hi !
We're in Oklahoma but not very close to the City - nearer to the Texas border.

How are you liking it? I have mixed feelings. People are nice and laid back.
Some things out here in the sticks are very backward though.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Hi !
We're in Oklahoma but not very close to the City - nearer to the Texas border.

How are you liking it? I have mixed feelings. People are nice and laid back.
Some things out here in the sticks are very backward though.
Hi Dimsie <waving>
What a shame you aren't closer. I've been here quite a few years now so I'm used to the lifestyle. Still have yearnings for some things but we have a British store in OKC so every now and then I indulge and make a pig of myself. As for the people? Well, I've lived in a number of places and I've found one thing you can always count on ... people are good and bad everywhere. C'est la vie! Have you been to OKC lately?
Old May 19th 2005, 12:59 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Texas.....it's close
Old May 19th 2005, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Hi Dimsie <waving>
What a shame you aren't closer. I've been here quite a few years now so I'm used to the lifestyle. Still have yearnings for some things but we have a British store in OKC so every now and then I indulge and make a pig of myself. As for the people? Well, I've lived in a number of places and I've found one thing you can always count on ... people are good and bad everywhere. C'est la vie! Have you been to OKC lately?

We went to see Elton John at the Ford Centre in March - other than that just to the airport.

What's the name of the British shop, please Taffy ? Whenever we get to the City I'll probably do a raid!
Old May 19th 2005, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I'm in Texas.....it's close
Hi Celtic Angel.

Yes, wish it was even closer - I'm getting the impression that it's a bit more up to date than things in the sticks here. My husband's daughter lives in
Austin, and we will no doubt visit there soon. I also want to go to San Antonio.
Old May 19th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

We went to see Elton John at the Ford Centre in March - other than that just to the airport.

What's the name of the British shop, please Taffy ? Whenever we get to the City I'll probably do a raid!
It's "Canterbury British Imports And Cafe" - 3421 N. Classen Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73118. Telephone (405) 528-7125 ... ask for Linda.
Drop in have a cuppa. They even have real Salad Cream for your salad. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm - gooooooood!
Old May 19th 2005, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

It's "Canterbury British Imports And Cafe" - 3421 N. Classen Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73118. Telephone (405) 528-7125 ... ask for Linda.
Drop in have a cuppa. They even have real Salad Cream for your salad. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm - gooooooood!

Thanks a lot, Taffy. That's a "must" for our next trip to the big city.
Mmmmmmmmmm - luuurve that salad cream !!!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:01 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Salad Cream....YUCK!!!!

...oopsie ... did I say that out loud?

do you two speak Welsh? do you intend on staying here long?
Old May 19th 2005, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Salad Cream....YUCK!!!!

...oopsie ... did I say that out loud?

do you two speak Welsh? do you intend on staying here long?
Not if I can help it! Miss my salad cream too much.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Not if I can help it! Miss my salad cream too much.
I miss salad cream and Branston pickle and pickled onions and decent fish 'n' chips and real cheese and Marie biscuits and Maltezers and ... lots of stuff - but you can get most of it Canterbury's (take a credit card - it costs).
I'll be staying here. Eldest daughter is in Dallas w/fiance. Middle daughter is married and here in OKC. Youngest daughter is in the family way and living with me <big sigh>. Soooooooo - I won't be going anywhere for a long time.
I remember some of my Welsh, but don't use it very often. Can still sing the Welsh National Anthem (WALES WON THE GRAND SLAM!!!!!!) and all the hymns I learned as a child.