Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Well Im gonna risk it...

Well Im gonna risk it...

Old Oct 6th 2003, 11:34 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default Well Im gonna risk it...

Hi guys

Thanks to those of you who responded to my Affidavit of Support queries.

My wife has contacted her old boss, who has offered her, her old job back, although I doubt she will take it (which he is aware of), but its there, just in case. So now I can fill the Affidavit out without having to get an additional sponser. He's gonna send out the job letter offer ASAP too, what a nice boss eh!

Cheers

Lee
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:45 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well Im gonna risk it...

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Hi guys

Thanks to those of you who responded to my Affidavit of Support queries.

My wife has contacted her old boss, who has offered her, her old job back, although I doubt she will take it (which he is aware of), but its there, just in case. So now I can fill the Affidavit out without having to get an additional sponser. He's gonna send out the job letter offer ASAP too, what a nice boss eh!

Cheers

Lee
Sorry I didn't get to reply to your other thread earlier.

There shouldn't be a risk, it is a bona fide offer that your wife is free to accept. The fact that she may later decide not to take it is wholly irrelevant to the immigration process. There is no way, or need, for the INS to monitor who takes up offers of jobs that were used to obtain visas.

The rules say that a job offer may be used as evidence of immigrants' ability to support themselves, your wife has such an offer. Period.

Good luck with the interview.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. What Pulaski said.

Good luck Waxwabbit, keep us posted!

Elaine
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:16 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Cheers Pulaski and Elaine,

Do you think when it comes to the interview, that I should say we are planning on going down to Florida if I get a job offer (thus making my wifes offer redundant), or should I make things less complicated and say we are staying in Maryland, which we aint?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Lee
Old Oct 8th 2003, 5:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Cheers Pulaski and Elaine,

Do you think when it comes to the interview, that I should say we are planning on going down to Florida if I get a job offer (thus making my wifes offer redundant), or should I make things less complicated and say we are staying in Maryland, which we aint?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Lee
The way to handle the interview is to only answer the questions that are asked as succintly as possible and not to offer any additional information that may result in another line of questioning.

I don't think it's relevant to mention that you might move to Florida if you got a job offer there.

What's more relevant is if you get a job offer in Fla, you move and remember to return a completed change of address form to Immigration.

In my case, at the time of the interview, we didn't know where we were going to live. We used my in-laws address in OH as the US mailing address. It wasn't until nearly six months later that we knew where we going (I activated my visa before it expired).

NC Penguin