Weetabix

Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:00 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Default Weetabix

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping you could confirm my fears about the availability of Weetabix in the USA.

We are travelling to Florida and then on to Texas visiting friends and family and was wondering if I will need to bring 2 months supply of Weetabix for our 18 month year old daughter.

It is the only thing she will eat for brekkie along with her yoghurts, so I was hoping I could have an easy time and not have to stress about her breakfast if I knew one way or another.

I have asked rellies and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about... Which made me worry and think that I will have to bring it with me!!

Cheers,

Allison
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:09 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Default Weetabix

P.S.
She's 18 months!! I could decide whether to put 1 and a half year old or 18 months, being female I have these indecisive moments now and then!!!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

They are definately available in the US... I can buy them in the English section at our local store (of course that is in Michigan) but I think I remember someone mentioning on this board that they had bought them in Texas too.

Hopefully someone will answer and tell ya exactly where you can get them... if all else fails you will probably be able to buy them online in one of the english food sites.

Ash

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Jun 4th 2004 at 7:31 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

I found it hard to get when we moved here. My twins were 2 at the time....
Well.... here ya go....

It is amasing how children will adapt when things are not as they should be. Quaker oats are freely available and it only took then a day to see that was their new breakfast.

Try the cereals also, they are different here and you may find your child will eat them... even as a finger food with milk on the side......

The milk..... Most has adatives... Vit D, iron etc...... If you want plain then you need to find a whole foods market or health store...

Some places have English stores and you can get it online which may help....... not sure how much your travelling thouhg....

Hope this helps.....
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:31 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to Orlando, Florida you will have no problems getting Weetabix. they normally import their british stuff from the UK too so it should be just like you get back home. However, I don't know about Texas at all, but if it is anything like some other parts of the US, they may well have Weetabix but it comes from Canada - ours does anyway and I am in NY. Some people can taste the difference and some can't. If your daughter is very fussy, it might be worth bearing that in mind. The main difference I notice is the Canadian Weetabix is crunchier, but my friend can taste a wheatier taste in the Canadian variety compared to the UK variety. You will also pay a fortune for it, especially in Florida.

Hope that helps
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:35 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

HM, you posted at the same time

I was going to say the same thing regarding children adapting to other things when they can't get what they want. LAL, you could bring a week's supply with you and at the same time gradually bring in different ones to give variety. A good way to introduce your little one to new things.

HM is right about the milk, too. Although one of the best ones to get, if you can find it, is Farmland. The cows are hormone free and you can normally get it at a regular supermarket. But they still add the vitamins to all their milk, whereas last time I was in the UK they only added the vitamins to the whole/full fat milk.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:47 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

Fears about weetabix?

weetaphobia?
milksuckaphobia?
crunchygrossbetterputlotsofsugaronaphobia?
Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:55 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

Default weetabix

Thanks for the replies, they give me something to think about, I had thought about the milk... but figured she might be ok with the normal, saying that she'll anything apart from her breakfast it MUST be weetabix, we have tried porridge, oats, and several other things like weetos and cinnamin grahams she likes them dry sometimes, but refuses to eat them with milk.

She isn't really a fussy eater and when we were in Spain she was fine (we were only there a week though), but there is war if her breakfast isn't just right!!! And she is so particular about her breakfast I don't want to wean her off Weetabix, because when we return if I can't get the new brekkie product in the UK there will be hell to pay and then a fight to get her to eat Weetabix again!!!

We visited several times pre-baby and weetabix is something I never thought to look for!!!
But excellent advice thank you.
Yes we will be in Orlando for 3 weeks and then Dallas and visiting other areas for 5 weeks.

Accrued Maternity Holidays that I have to take before September so off we go!!!

Cheers,

Allison
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:01 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

Default Weetaphobia

HEY

If you had my kid screaming her head off because she is hungry and wants her WEETABIX!!!
You would see why I have fears, if she is hungry and she always is when she wakes up, I have to give her something she likes QUICK. If she doesn't like it she spits it out and then screams even louder than before.

She's like her Daddy, when he's hungry he's grouchy too, only he'll eat owt!!

Allison
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Weetabix

Originally posted by LAL
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping you could confirm my fears about the availability of Weetabix in the USA.

We are travelling to Florida and then on to Texas visiting friends and family and was wondering if I will need to bring 2 months supply of Weetabix for our 18 month year old daughter.

It is the only thing she will eat for brekkie along with her yoghurts, so I was hoping I could have an easy time and not have to stress about her breakfast if I knew one way or another.

I have asked rellies and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about... Which made me worry and think that I will have to bring it with me!!

Cheers,

Allison
I can get it here in AZ and I used to get it in Philly as well. I think most of the supermarkets have it, but like someone else said it is expensive. My little grandson in Philly loves it.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

This may help.... Perhaps you could have some shipped before you go. The families you are visiting can have them there for your visit in adavance.......maybe have a load delivered to the last one so you can take it with you when you do short stopovers later in you vacation..

http://www.britishsupermarket.com/
$7.45 for 24

Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

This one in Texas is cheaper

http://goodwoods.safeshopper.com/index.htm?501
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:04 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by LAL
Hello Everyone,

Cheers,

Allison
Can't help you with Florida, but I buy weetabix at the Brit store in Dallas, in fact I had a Bowl of 'bix' yesterday morning, very nice it was too
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:05 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by LAL
Hello Everyone,

Cheers,

Allison
We get Weetabix fairly easily in Dallas-Fort Worth, you have a choice of either getting it from some of the British food stores or the local supermarkets.

We get Organic Weetabix from one of ourlocal supermarkets, Albertsons. I agree with Ben's comments, it seems to break into bigger flakes than the UK variety. I've just returned from a week's visit to the UK and had some over there. I can taste a difference, I prefer the UK stuff to be honest.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:10 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

one of my fav's is porridge and golden syrup, on the box (the bloke throwing the shotput) there is a BIG 89p stamped on it, and yet it costs me $4.95, daylight bloody murder man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.