Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Wedding Dress........... still confused

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

brownin is on a distinguished road
Default Wedding Dress........... still confused

HI,

I am soooooooooo confused...

I feel in love with two dresses, so on the advice of many people I went to try them on (to see if one fit better, etc). However, they both fit wonderfully and looked as good in they do in the pictures.

So I went back again, this time bringing my Mum and Maid of Honour to try on both of the dresses (get a different opinion). My Mum loved DRESS 1, maid of honour loved DRESS 2. I still love both!!

I thought if I open it up to a wider audience I could get more of a critique and a better idea.........

Which one?
Attached Thumbnails Wedding Dress........... still confused-dress-1.jpg   Wedding Dress........... still confused-dress-2.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:21 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Dress........... still confused

Originally Posted by brownin
HI,

I am soooooooooo confused...

I feel in love with two dresses, so on the advice of many people I went to try them on (to see if one fit better, etc). However, they both fit wonderfully and looked as good in they do in the pictures.

So I went back again, this time bringing my Mum and Maid of Honour to try on both of the dresses (get a different opinion). My Mum loved DRESS 1, maid of honour loved DRESS 2. I still love both!!

I thought if I open it up to a wider audience I could get more of a critique and a better idea.........

Which one?
Why in the world would you want complete strangers to help you choose your wedding dress?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Why in the world would you want complete strangers to help you choose your wedding dress?

NC Penguin

Especially since they are virtually the same dress. Dress 2 has two layers more of drape on the skirt and a bit more pastel coloring. Go look for another dress altogether and let those two go. You are the one wearing it ... choose what you want to wear.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

how much do each one cost?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:25 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

The cheapest one - your time is more important.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin

It's not that I want a stranger to choose it, I just need to make a decision, maybe someone would make a comment, that I never considered before to help me decide... I have to make a choice, I love them both the same.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:27 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that I want a starnger to choose it, I just need to make a decision, maybe someone would make a comment, that I never considered before to help me decide... I have to make a choice, I love them both the same.
Then you really can't go wrong. Move on to the next decision - your wedding is more than just the dress.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

dress 1 is fabulous, I'm so jealous, when I got married we didn't have very much money, bought mine for 40 quid in the corn exchange in leeds, it was red satin, keep hinting that I want another go (with the same person of course) so I can have an outragously expensive and gorgeous dress..
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
how much do each one cost?
DRESS 1 = £525.00

DRESS 2 = £675.00
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:31 pm
Powder Maggot

DRESS 1 = £525.00

DRESS 2 = £675.00
Looks like we have a clear winner! Congrats on the dress.
Forum Regular

We don't have any money either, my Mum and Nan are going halves to pay for it .
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I like dress one .where are you getting married?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

DRESS 1 = £525.00

DRESS 2 = £675.00
that's a lot of money to spend on a dress when you owe student loans and asked if they can catch you in the USA once you've scarpered.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:34 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey what a miserable bunch !

I think they are both really gorgeous.

If you are getting married in the US I would go for number 2 because number 1 is very popular here (my American girlfriends have worn or will wear something similar) so I'd go for something a little different in number 2 .

If you are getting married in the UK I'd swing for number 1!

Sounds like you win either way so have fun with it!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:34 pm
Powder Maggot

Originally Posted by Manc
that's a lot of money to spend on a dress when you owe student loans and asked if they can catch you in the USA once you've scarpered.
Still, she'd probably be spending ten times that on a dress over here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.