DRESS 1
83.72%
DRESS 2
16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Wedding Dress........... still confused

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Dress........... still confused

Well if you really can't decide between the two I would try looking at a few more dresses.

I've not looked at Wedding Dresses for a while but is that style very "in" this year. If so I'd probably go for something different. I got married in the early 90's, huge puffy sleeves, the whole Princess Di thing was so very in at the time. Looking at the photo's now, the dress is so dated.

The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that the bridesmaids dresses were far worse. They were incredibly fashionable at the time, it was so wrong, my poor, poor bridesmaids.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

brownin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by clydegirl
I like dress one .where are you getting married?
In Delaware, due to lack of finances (both students). His parents retired there and it's cheaper than his state of NJ.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brownin
DRESS 1 = £525.00

DRESS 2 = £675.00

a bargain, dress 1 looks much more expensive..
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:37 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Still, she'd probably be spending ten times that on a dress over here.
I agree Adobepinon!

Take a look at theknot.com here and you will be horrified! They don't call them bridezilla's for nothing(although I can think of a few groomzilla's in my time)!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:39 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Wedding Dress........... still confused

I'm confused. In a previous post in another thread, you wrote that you plan to move to the US in July 2006 on a fiancee visa. I find it hard to believe that you're attempting to finalize a wedding dress more than a year beforehand.

Also, it's kind of curious that your IP address is in Oz but you're quoting prices in Pounds...

NC Penguin
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:45 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looselips
Blimey what a miserable bunch !
Hehe! Comes from experience with miserable weddings.

MuddyPine's Hints for a Fantastic Wedding:

1. Spending does not make happy.
2. If you spend all day worrying about your dress, you'll never know who saw you in it.
3. Don't run the wedding yourself - get someone else in charge (anyone really, except mother or mother-in-law).
4. Don't hang out at the head table all day, or you'll never again see half the people who showed up to your wedding.
5. If you're going on honeymoon, save it until the next day. Stick with your friends and party through the night.
6. Make sure the cake tastes good. I hate wedding cake.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:47 pm
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

I am soooooooooo confused...

I feel in love with two dresses, so on the advice of many people I went to try them on (to see if one fit better, etc). However, they both fit wonderfully and looked as good in they do in the pictures.

So I went back again, this time bringing my Mum and Maid of Honour to try on both of the dresses (get a different opinion). My Mum loved DRESS 1, maid of honour loved DRESS 2. I still love both!!

I thought if I open it up to a wider audience I could get more of a critique and a better idea.........

Which one?
I can't decide, they are both beautiful..................similar as well. Just close your eyes and do eennie meenie....
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Still, she'd probably be spending ten times that on a dress over here.

Not necessarily. David's Bridal has wonderful bridal dresses for a fraction of the cost of a bridal shop. And if you catch one of their 2 yearly sales you can get the dress of your dreams for under 300 US Dollars.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I'm confused. In a previous post in another thread, you wrote that you plan to move to the US in July 2006 on a fiancee visa.

Also, it's kind of curious that your IP address is in Oz but you're quoting prices in Pounds...

NC Penguin
What's an IP address? I am from London.

I am getting married in July '06, but I have to finalise my choice and put a deposit down on it. The dresses that I like will be out of season when this summer hits, I am planning to visit the US for 3 months. So I will not be here when they change them.
It is one of the few things that I have to do for the wedding, so I figured that I'd start looking, I didn't think that I would find something that quickly, so now I want to pay something on it to secure it. It can stay in the shop for at up to 18 months, my weight doesn't fluctuate that much & I will have the fittings closer to the time.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:19 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

I am soooooooooo confused...

I feel in love with two dresses, so on the advice of many people I went to try them on (to see if one fit better, etc). However, they both fit wonderfully and looked as good in they do in the pictures.

So I went back again, this time bringing my Mum and Maid of Honour to try on both of the dresses (get a different opinion). My Mum loved DRESS 1, maid of honour loved DRESS 2. I still love both!!

I thought if I open it up to a wider audience I could get more of a critique and a better idea.........

Which one?
Flip a coin - if it's heads pick dress 1, tails dress 2.

Next!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:29 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Hehe! Comes from experience with miserable weddings.

MuddyPine's Hints for a Fantastic Wedding:

1. Spending does not make happy.
2. If you spend all day worrying about your dress, you'll never know who saw you in it.
3. Don't run the wedding yourself - get someone else in charge (anyone really, except mother or mother-in-law).
4. Don't hang out at the head table all day, or you'll never again see half the people who showed up to your wedding.
5. If you're going on honeymoon, save it until the next day. Stick with your friends and party through the night.
6. Make sure the cake tastes good. I hate wedding cake.
HA HA

No 7 - Keep a well stocked open bar!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There both dirt catchers, but I'd go with the first, less faff to get in the way and go wrong with...gotta think about gettin' out the darn thing after an' all don't forget
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
There both dirt catchers, but I'd go with the first, less faff to get in the way and go wrong with...gotta think about gettin' out the darn thing after an' all don't forget
Thanks Bob,

I think that's the clincher for me, dress 1 is more practical for our wedding night.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:04 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Priceless!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I personally like Dress 1. It looks more sophisticated and less princess-y than Dress 2.

I initially wanted a fancy long dress like that, but on the day we got our marriage certificate, we decided to go ahead and get married in the courthouse about an hour later! I had on brown slacks and a blouse, he had on jeans and a Nike t-shirt. LOL It was GREAT, and definitely proved to me it's not the "show" of it all, the but the feelings.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.