Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wedding Anniversary!!

Wedding Anniversary!!

Old Jul 28th 2002, 1:20 pm
Dansbaby01

Default Wedding Anniversary!!

Hi Everyone!! Just a short one to say hello as I haven't been around for a while.
Dan and I just celebrated our second wedding anniversary in the White Mountains in
NH!!! We have so many people to thank for all the help we received here in the ng...
Rita, Alvena, Grinchy.......etc, etc....what would we have done without all your
wonderful advice??? Will be filing our removal of conditions at the end of this
year!! Can't wait!!

Hope all is well with everyone.......We are SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Love, Dan and Joan UK USA

Old Jul 28th 2002, 3:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Anniversary!!

Congratulations Joan and Dan. Aren't the White Face Mountains great. Did you go shopping in Conway at the great outlet stores and take the Cog Railroad up Mt. Washington?

Can't believe we are headed for our fourth anniversary in two months. Will be touring the NE and Nova Scotia in two weeks. Looking forward to having those Maine lobsters again and sticking my toes in the cold Atlantic Ocean.

Rita and Jim
Old Jul 29th 2002, 12:20 am
Dansbaby01

Rete, if I recall correctly, you were touring the N-East last summer too?? I seem to
recall inviting you and Jim for a beer as you travelled thru Boston... Anyway, the
mountains are lovely...we were married in N Conway atop Cathedral Ledge so the place
is very special to us. Have you been up there? We did shop but no Railroad. We went
to cool off at a place called Diana's Baths....you must give it a try if you go thru
N Conway. Look for Westside Road... Congratulations on yours and Jims upcoming fourth
wedding anniversary!! We had lobster too, of course.....it's always double lobster
pie at the Lobster Trap (also on Westside rd) and don't forget the steamers!!!

Have fun! Joan and Dan

Old Jul 29th 2002, 12:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We got to Boston but stayed only one day. Accidentally booked us into a "gay" hotel in Back Bay and left the next day. Not because of the clientele but because the rooms were small and smelly. We are always doing the NE ;-) This year it is Nova Scotia as well to visit with Jim's son and grandson.

Rete

PS love steamers and mussels and lobster!
Old Jul 29th 2002, 9:21 pm
Dansbaby01

Are you from NE originally? I thought you lived in New York? Anyway, that's a funny
one about the hotel. I guess you have to check them out first! We aren't actually in
the city but north of Boston in a city called Beverly.

Have a wonderful time! How long are you staying?

Joan & Dan

Old Jul 29th 2002, 11:34 pm
Concierge

We are just outside of NYC. However, my dearest and bestest friend in the world lives in MA and I am up there at least once a month for a long weekend. I was engaged to her cousin who passed away one month before our wedding but while he was living we camped through New England, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. After his death, I traveled north anytime the whim hit by myself. Love the Boston area, especially Marblehead and Salem and wanted to share it with Jim. Alas, it was not to be. We're going for 10 days and will be driving up through CT, MA, NH and ME onto Halifax. From Halifax will visit Jim's son's grave in Greenwood (he hasn't been there since Stacey died at age 6 20 years ago) and up to PEI and Cape Bretton to visit friends. A lot to do in 10 days ;-)

Rete
Old Jul 31st 2002, 12:20 am
Dansbaby01

that is a lot to do in 10 days! you will need a vacation from your vacation! Salem is
right next door to Beverly where we live and my mother was born in Salem........lots
of history there. I especially love the cobblestone pathways. Take care and have a
wonderful time. Joan