Reload this Page >

Web based calling cards

Web based calling cards

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

resu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web based calling cards

Hey,

My girlfriend was using BigZoo.com to call to Europe.. great site and great service, the only problem we had was that they do not allow foreign VISA cards. For us, this meant that we couldn't split the payment by letting me pay every second time. However, we did it anyway (since it was actually possible to do for some reason) and now we got banned from the site. So, they lost a customer

We need a new calling card provider and we need a web based one (like BigZoo.com where you charge and administrate your account online). Any reccomendations?

The only one we've found so far is pincity.com but it's abit too expensive, at least compared to bigzoo.com. Comparison (minute rates):

bigzoo uk home: 03.40c
bigzoo uk cell: 22.90c
bigzoo sweden home: 04.40c
bigzoo sweden cell: 24.90c

pincity uk home: 04.20c
pincity uk cell: 25.10c
pincity sweden home: 06.20c
pincity sweden cell: 26.60c

Thanks,
Ola
Sweden / U.K.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:46 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

We use OneSuite although it will only allow you to use a US credit card.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:15 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind
We use OneSuite although it will only allow you to use a US credit card.
I use Onesuite too. Why don't you paypal her the money every second time?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:26 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScousePete
I use Onesuite too. Why don't you paypal her the money every second time?
I have a US credit card, occl said that they can't use foreign cards so I was just letting him know.

Hang on!!! He's in Sweden. What's he doin' on here??
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

OneSuite is 6c to Sweden :/
Thanks anyway.

What I'm doing here? What do you mean?

Actually I'm in the U.K. at the moment working for a company on the Isle of Wight. I'm going back to Sweden in august and hopefully to the U.S. by fall next year.

Cheers,
Ola
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:09 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally posted by occl
OneSuite is 6c to Sweden :/
Thanks anyway.

What I'm doing here? What do you mean?

Actually I'm in the U.K. at the moment working for a company on the Isle of Wight. I'm going back to Sweden in august and hopefully to the U.S. by fall next year.

Cheers,
Ola
Gotcha. I thought you were just on the wrong board as you had Sweden in your location.

I love the Isle of Wight. I used to go there once a week when I was working in agriculture.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

sabba has a brilliant futuresabba has a brilliant futuresabba has a brilliant futuresabba has a brilliant futuresabba has a brilliant futuresabba has a brilliant future
Default internet calling cards

try http://www.ctacard.com/

they are alright
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:09 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

www.acculinq.com

2.9 cents to the UK

they basically give you a credit and you pay monthly

i used to pay with my barclaycard
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

1 = non-select access, i.e. toll free number
2 = select access, i.e. local number

BigZoo.com
uk home 1: 03.40c
uk home 2: 02.20c
uk cell 1: 22.90c
uk cell 2: 18.90c
sweden home 1: 04.40c
sweden home 2: 02.90c
sweden cell 1: 24.90c
sweden cell 2: 21.50c

PinCity.com
uk home 1: 04.20c
uk home 2: 02.60c
uk cell 1: 25.10c
uk cell 2: 23.50c
sweden home 1: 06.20c
sweden home 2: 04.60c
sweden cell 1: 26.60c
sweden cell 2: 25.00c

AccuLinQ.com
uk home 1: 06.90c
uk home 2: 02.90c
uk cell 1: 21.90c
uk cell 2: 17.90c
sweden home 1: 08.90c
sweden home 2: 04.90c
sweden cell 1: 20.90c
sweden cell 2: 16.90c

CTAcard.com
e-mails pin for different providers. not completely web based. Prices below seem to be the best ones and are from the provider "first choice".
uk home: 04.00c
uk cell: 17.86c
sweden home: 02.86c
sweden cell: 20.00c

My girlfriend has to use a non-select access number, and we will only call to a home phone in Sweden in a month from now, so BigZoo win by far.. especially since you can log in there and create shortcuts to numbers, pin skips for certain phones etc. The second best CTAcard has no such services. Too bad she can't use BigZoo anymore :/

Any more recommendations?

Thank y'all very much.
Ola
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:10 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Can't you open a new account with bigzoo using a new email addy? Or a different computer? Or something?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by monster
Can't you open a new account with bigzoo using a new email addy? Or a different computer? Or something?
Haven't tried yet but I guess that will be the option left to us if we still want to call cheap. The problem is that the account has to be registered in the name which the credit card is issued to. So if we opened an account in here sister's name, we would also have to use her credit card.

However it might be possible just to cancel her current account and open a new one with a different e-mail address but in the same name.

Cheers,
Ola
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:12 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Web based calling cards

Originally posted by occl
Hey,

My girlfriend was using BigZoo.com to call to Europe...
Is there such a thing as a reliable web based calling card that works well with a cell phone to provide cheap calls to the UK? Thanks.

Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:54 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

www.iconnecthere.com
I have used them for the last few years to call Ireland from the US. You can top up both on the phone and online, can use any phone as long as you have your user id number and password and so far they have been very reliable. .245 cents to Irish cell phones.
Patrick