Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We want to get married in the UK-how much money do I need....

Wikiposts

We want to get married in the UK-how much money do I need....

Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We want to get married in the UK-how much money do I need....

Originally Posted by neversaidnever
Also - and I am SURE this is mentioned on other forums, they use delaying tactics such as 'your submitted paper appears to be a copy, please re-submit' when your signature was in black ink - this means they put your application to the bottom of the pile, and thus have a new deadline for processing.
Oh please... don't take things out of context and try to apply new meaning to it.

Ian
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:00 am
Just Joined

sello is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We want to get married in the UK-how much money do I need....

We aren't having a church wedding, so the residency will be required- That is why Scotland is looking so good (plus it is a beautiful country!)

There was a problem with the processing of her Marriage Visitor visa - in so far as they said it was processed, but forgot to send the e-mail asking for her passport for it to be evidenced properly.
What does that mean that they have to ask for her passport to be "evidenced properly"? Was she supposed to go somewhere for them to look at it?

I am currently waiting for my CR visa - as they cancelled my K3 visa. If the department of immigration think they are processing CR visas in 'acceptable time' then they can and have automatically cancelled the K3 application to go straight to CR - this is taking another 3-4 months.
I had read somewhere that the CR visa could take 8-10 months so we are prepared for that wait.