British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   WE WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT PLEAS HELP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/we-want-do-right-pleas-help-105814/)

yourdestinysly Nov 24th 2001 2:17 am

My name is Sharon. I am a United States citizen. About 9 months ago I met a man who was a citizen of London England and we fell deeply in love. At that time we were both in troubled marriages and very unhappy. As we fell more in love my divorce became final.Darren flew over and we spent three wonderful weeks together. This time proved to us that we were so much in love and were sure that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. We just want to do this right. There are so many visa'a. I am just findng it confusing. I would like to know what to do from my end in the States and what he needs to do at is end. He has gotten his police check ad recieved his I-129f visa aplication. He has it filled out. We are waiting for his divorce to be final. My major question is .
Is there any possible way for him to go ahead and come to the United States and wait here? We plan on being married just as soon as we are alowd to. If there is anyone that has any advice please send it to me. We would both apreciate it a great deal.

Shelley Nov 24th 2001 5:10 am

Go to Doc Steen's website http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
accept the disclaimer and read - especially the sections on K-1 visas and Tourist
Adjustment. For more info on the K-1 visa also read www.k1faq.com Please note - both
of your divorces must be final before you can file any paperwork. And you are the one
who needs to submit the I-129F, not your fiancé. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Simon Jessey Nov 24th 2001 12:43 pm

<He has gotten his police check ad recieved his I-129f visa aplication. He has it
filled out. We are waiting for his divorce to be final.>

There is no reason why he cannot come over to visit you, provided you can support
him or he has money to afford it. While waiting for my visa application to go
through, I made several visits to the US on a Visa Waiver. As long as the trip is no
longer than 90 days it shouldn't be a problem, although he may get a grilling at the
Port Of Entry.

2 things to remember though. It is best if he can somehow get a letter from an
employer or similar indicating the he WILL return to the UK because the Immigration
officials at the POE may ask if he can prove he will return. Also, it is extremely
unwise for him to travel AFTER the INS has approved hte I-129F petition.

I am currently in the US (the petition was approved while I was here) and I'll be
returning to the UK for my interview next week.

Simon, UK http://members.aol.com/scjessey/

09/10/01 I-129F filed
09/11/01 1st NOA
09/12/01 Request For Evidence
09/13/01 2nd NOA
09/14/01 Interview scheduled in London

Ranjini Nov 24th 2001 2:27 pm

Sharon, you should explore the tourist adjustment link, whereby your fiance comes
over on tourist visa waiver, you two get married here in the US and then apply for
adjustment, without your fiance having to return to the UK. Many have done this with
success. You should first read the link that Shelley has sent you very carefully.
But, as Shelley points out, your fiance has to have his divorce finalised first. Good
luck, Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My name is Sharon. I am a United States citizen. About 9 months ago I met a man[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > who was a citizen of London England and we fell deeply in love. At that time we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > were both in troubled marriages and very unhappy. As we fell more in love my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > divorce became final.Darren flew over and we spent three wonderful weeks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > together. This time proved to us that we were so much in love and were sure[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. We just want to do this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > right. There are so many visa'a. I am just findng it confusing. I would like to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > know what to do from my end in the States and what he needs to do at is end. He[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > has gotten his police check ad recieved his I-129f visa aplication. He has it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > filled out. We are waiting for his divorce to be final. My major question is .[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Is there any possible way for him to go ahead and come to the United States and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wait here? We plan on being married just as soon as we are alowd to. If there[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is anyone that has any advice please send it to me. We would both apreciate it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a great deal.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank You So Much Sharon[/usenetquote2]

Onigiri Nov 24th 2001 3:47 pm

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
What visa did this bird use ? If he is able to finalize his divorce in absentia, have
him use the same kind of visa to come the next time. Being married and having a wife
back in England are good facts to have when meeting US immigration at a Port of Entry
( PoE). The fiancee visa petition is the one ( form I-129F) that you file with the
US-INS. You can file this only after you have a certified divorce certificate of each
of you in your possession. Then you wait for its approval ( one to three months).
Then your fiancee gets more forms to fill out from the US embassy in London. Then he
gets a medical and some shots and an interview at the consulate. Then gets a visa and
comes over. Contrast the above procedure to the process of coming to the USA on the
same visa as he did before -- feel that pelvic soreness -- and getting married soon
after he gets his divorce certificate in the mail, filing the visa status adjustment
forms with the local INS and getting on with life. With this process you save
yourself a lot of aggrevation, separation and save the US consulate and INS
additional work on your (needless) petitions. Go to the Doc Steen site and read up on
visitor's visa adjustment link. Doc Steen's website
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >