Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We are number #1

We are number #1

Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default We are number #1

Phoenix No. 1 with 30,000 new neighbors in a year
Phoenix is attracting more new residents than any other city in the nation, according to new U.S. Census Bureau population estimates released today.

Although Phoenix ranked 39th in growth rate, the 29,826 new residents in Arizona's largest city gave it the nation's biggest population increase in terms of raw numbers.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...tcities30.html

Now I know why it is taking me longer to get to work each month.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

janj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: We are number #1

And didn't I read somewhere recently that house prices there have rocketed too? It seems it's where everyone wants to live..... Good for you if you have property there!
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:26 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

I heard that house prices are on fire... or was that just houses

I'm surprised Atlanta isn't in the running, judging by the cars on the road.

Good luck..
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:16 pm
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Hmm you may be number #1 in that respect, but does your city hold the distinction of being the fattest city in the USA? I think not... :scared:
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:33 pm
Perfumdiva1

I think that honour goes to us..

Houston :scared: Again

Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:51 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1

I claimed that on a post a while ago, but thought someone corrected me and said that somewhere out had out-obesed us?

We're still the most polluted though!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:01 am
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Phoenix is attracting more new residents than any other city in the nation, according to new U.S. Census Bureau population estimates released today.

Although Phoenix ranked 39th in growth rate, the 29,826 new residents in Arizona's largest city gave it the nation's biggest population increase in terms of raw numbers.

Pity their all Illegal Mexicans
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:33 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I claimed that on a post a while ago, but thought someone corrected me and said that somewhere out had out-obesed us?

We're still the most polluted though!

Unfortunately, I think we won the title again

As for pollution, I have asthma, and know when the ozone alert is on even before I see the news, sad but true

Hey, this is Texas, isnt everything, bigger, from the people to the crime, to the pollution

Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
I heard that house prices are on fire... or was that just houses

Plenty of areas on fire around here right now. We have one fire north of us thats now burnt through 170,000 acres. We had smoke drifting over the house last night and we're no where near the fire.
Attached Thumbnails We are number #1-smoke1.jpg  
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:48 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1

Wahey we won something!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:17 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Pimpbot

Thank christ fer thay...perhaps they'll stop coming to Palm Beach County now.

Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:53 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Jacksonville is the largest city in terms of area in the US
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Shame there is nothing in that area.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
I learnt that on a flight with Independence Air, as well as Manhattan is the mot densely populated part of the US.