Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We landed safely

Wikiposts

We landed safely

Old Jun 15th 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by frrussre
Kazzu & family congratulations to you all. Have a great time.
Unlike Jabba (I don't think he has ever been outside the USA) you sound sensible & realistic, that’s good.

Once again Good luck, in your Endeavors.

Frank R.
Actually, I have been to Canada and Mexico, which I think qualifies as having been outside the US.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kazzu & family congratulations to you all. Have a great time.
Unlike Jabba (I don't think he has ever been outside the USA) you sound sensible & realistic, that’s good.

Once again Good luck, in your Endeavors.

Frank R.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I have been to Canada and Mexico, which I think qualifies as having been outside the US.

Jabba, i'm going to do you a big favor. I am going to ignore your last response, Canada & Mexico. You would have done better keeping that to yourself. It's no wonder you think the USA is Brill the Bees Knees. As good as it gets. "How ya going to keep them down on the farm, after they have seen gay Paree").

Reg. Frank . Happy fathers day
Old Jun 15th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I don't think the US is the end all and be all of nations. I know it has it's faults. BTW, are you dissing Canada, don't forget they're a commonwealth nation, surely much better than US.

Last edited by Jabba1; Jun 15th 2003 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

"How ya going to keep them down on the farm, after they have seen gay Paree".

If you mean Paris, I have several friends who've been. They liked it but they weren't ready to pack up and move over to France just yet. There's a good chance I'll be going there myself someday. So, do you think I'll fall in love with the place and refuse to come back home?
Old Jun 16th 2003, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1

If you mean Paris, I have several friends who've been. They liked it but they weren't ready to pack up and move over to France just yet. There's a good chance I'll be going there myself someday. So, do you think I'll fall in love with the place and refuse to come back home?

jabba1, it's a line from an old war song. How are you going to keep the young farm boys on a small town farm after they have seen the world. Also refering to the Paris nite life.
If you go to France open minded, you would have great time. If you go eyes shut, no you will not like it. I have spent some great weekends there. Though frankly, Spain, Holland, Italy, UK, etc etc etc are somewhat friendlier. Danes, really nice people, ditto Dutch, Belgiques, Portugese, Maltese. Not intentionally leaving anyone out.
If your going to Paris, you will need your phrase book. They will like you much better if you at least try to speak French to them.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 3:26 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jabba1

Don't let him wear down, Jabba. You will enjoy your vacation in Europe or wherever. I have no doubt about that. But I have yet to meet an American who would rather LIVE anywhere but here. I know, I know there are some, but not too many.
We have meth labs over here in our corner of Washington State. At least from what I see on the local news. But thankfully, the city and police are getting on them and we are hearing of them less and less. Besides, they are confined to certain neighbourhoods. And you can always choose the neighbourhood you live in. Down in Ritzville where we lived before, we never needed to lock our house or our vehicles. Crime rate? What crime rate??

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 16th 2003 at 3:29 am.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Ranjini, the worlds richest man Paul Getty 1 & 11 (Pre Bill Gates)chose to live in England. They could live anywhere in the world.

But chose England, I wonder YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 6:22 am
Banned

Ranjini, the worlds richest man Paul Getty 1 & 11 (Pre Bill Gates)chose to live in England. They could live anywhere in the world.

Reg. Frank R.
If I was as rich as Paul Getty, I would too. So there. I've said it. But I'm not sure Ken would though He loves his country music and going to the rodeo wearing his ten-gallon hat and cowboy boots. He's just a sweet ol' cowboy at heart so what can I say??
Old Jun 16th 2003, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ranjini, guess you will not live that one down.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 10:40 am
gpc
Forum Regular

gpc is an unknown quantity at this point

Reg. Frank R.
Of course, some have expressed the view that JP Getty I chose to live in England because he was a notorious miser and misanthrope, and thus felt at home.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by gpc
Of course, some have expressed the view that JP Getty I chose to live in England because he was a notorious miser and misanthrope, and thus felt at home.

I heard tell, it was because he did not want to live with a bunch of Rapists, Murderers, Drug Dealers, uncultured, barbarian, racist, bigots disguised as religious zealots. I heard he was not big on back to front Baseball caps & Tee shirts, bearing some coarse sexist anti female joke.

Ah, that’s just part of what I heard who knows. Maybe he enjoyed those Clog dancing parties. Old cars, lousy food, warm beer, backward housing etc.

Funny I thought he gave millions & millions to charities, schools & all kinds of projects.
Frank R.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 11:28 am
gpc
Forum Regular

gpc is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard tell, it was because he did not want to live with a bunch of Rapists, Murderers, Drug Dealers, uncultured, barbarian, racist, bigots disguised as religious zealots. I heard he was not big on back to front Baseball caps & Tee shirts, bearing some coarse sexist anti female joke.

Ah, that’s just part of what I heard who knows. Maybe he enjoyed those Clog dancing parties. Old cars, lousy food, warm beer, backward housing etc.

Funny I thought he gave millions & millions to charities, schools & all kinds of projects.
Frank R.
Well, today, he'd still feel more at home in England if it's rapists, drug dealers, uncultured, barbarian, racist bigots he's looking for. For murder and religious zealotry he'd have to fly back to the US. (Check back in a few years on the murder front; the rates have been going in different directions for some time now).

It was JP II who was the great philanthropist.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Yea you must be right. Rape & drugs real low in USA. Sorry my mistake. Stabbing & guns really low. Sorry my mistake.

Last time I checked USA had a murder rate of 18 per 100,000 the UK was less than .01% per 100,000.

We don't have a KKK in UK. We did not have slaves in UK. The USA is probably the most Racist/Anti Semite/Bigoted country in the major world. Church on Sunday, lynching in the afternoon.

Check Getty 1, he also gave away a load of money. Getty 11 also lived in UK.

Yep, those Americans, real big give away types. Yep, Sorry my mistake.

Funny look up the major donors of the last 100 years, see where they came from. Check their heritage.

Reg. Frank R. NYC Expat UK & proud to have lived & worked in both. But no blinkers, eyes wide open ears up & listening.

I make you the winner. Pointless me stating facts & you stating whatever you feel like, American indoctrination. So I make you the winner. Please sign your name & at least let us know where you live?
Old Jun 16th 2003, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I think I'll keep my eyes open in France, otherwize I might trip and fall a lot.LOL! I'm usally open minded about everything. JP Getty was right to move to England were there's none of the things you mentioned. Which is why I strongly urge ALL Americans to pack up and move at once to the UK, the land of milk and honey.
Old Jun 16th 2003, 12:26 pm
Banned

Originally posted by gpc
Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.