Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ways to meet new people in Florida?

Ways to meet new people in Florida?

Old Oct 15th 2014, 1:40 am
Just Joined

azserendipity is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Ways to meet new people in Florida?

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to Florida for a graduate job and I've managed to navigate myself around the visa, SSN and condo rental maze. One thing I've found is that it's really difficult to meet new people and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on different clubs or groups that are worth joining?? It'd be great to get out and meet more people
Old Oct 15th 2014, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ways to meet new people in Florida?

Join a club that matches your interests perhaps?
Volunteer at a local group that grabs your attention?
Make friends at work?

(What kind of job are you doing and how did you get it? People here are always interested in the process and it adds to the body of knowledge so that others may benefit.)
Old Oct 15th 2014, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

You could always try going out to a bar ...

Old Oct 15th 2014, 2:32 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Any particular part of Florida? What kind of people would you like to meet?

Most people here are not from here in, my experience, and "where are you from" is usually the icebreaker. It works even if you are the outsider.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by azserendipity
Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to Florida for a graduate job and I've managed to navigate myself around the visa, SSN and condo rental maze. One thing I've found is that it's really difficult to meet new people and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on different clubs or groups that are worth joining?? It'd be great to get out and meet more people
www.meetup.com
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with using meetup.com. That's how I met all my friends when I moved to Florida. I started my own meetup group on there because I knew nobody...it worked out really well.