Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Water on Planes

Water on Planes

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:33 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water on Planes

My wife purchased some water in the terminal (secure area) but had to ditch it before boarding a flight to CA.

OK, she should have known and old habits die hard but if our governments believe water can be sabotaged in the secure area then we are all screwed.

A plane was diverted on it's way to New York last night from Atlanta. It landed in Charlotte because someone had a bottle of water in their bag. WTF. Couldn't they just have asked the guy to drink some.

We are a nation going mad. Next we'll be banning chewing gum (mission impossible), books, softy pillows or anything bigger than a finger nail.

<sigh>
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:05 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water on Planes

I thought "Water on Planes" was the title of the follow up to "Snakes on a Plane?"
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
My wife purchased some water in the terminal (secure area) but had to ditch it before boarding a flight to CA.

OK, she should have known and old habits die hard but if our governments believe water can be sabotaged in the secure area then we are all screwed.

<sigh>
You know, I could see this scenario as comedy sketch if it happened ten years ago.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:52 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

I was just reading about those Asian lads getting removed from a Malaga flight because hysterical passengers believed them to look "suspicious".

The sad thing is, I probably would've reacted the same way. Two muslim looking guys whispering amongst themselves in Urdu wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence...but then it should be my decision to step off the plane. Having them ejected is the wrong way to go about it.

I don't see what the solution to all this is. But right now we have innocent people being targeted and treated like criminals, and trivial nonsense like bottles of water being banned, strip searches and whatnot.

I remember when I was the kid when the airport and plane journey were all part of the holiday fun. Nowadays it's more of an invasive test of endurance that you absolutley dread. Shame.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

We've got Muthaf******* water on Muthaf******* planes!!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:58 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

No offene to those enjoying it, but I will be happy as fvck when this stupid film comes and goes, and this ridiculous fad passes by. I am truly sick to death of the whole damn thing.

I've not found it a bit amusing, nor have I been able to see just WHY it is so "funny", "witty" and "cracking everyone up". It just looks shit to me.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
No offene to those enjoying it, but I will be happy as fvck when this stupid film comes and goes, and this ridiculous fad passes by. I am truly sick to death of the whole damn thing.

I've not found it a bit amusing, nor have I been able to see just WHY it is so "funny", "witty" and "cracking everyone up". It just looks shit to me.
You mean there's more of these films to be released?
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

A plane was diverted on it's way to New York last night from Atlanta. It landed in Charlotte because someone had a bottle of water in their bag. WTF. Couldn't they just have asked the guy to drink some.

We are a nation going mad. Next we'll be banning chewing gum (mission impossible), books, softy pillows or anything bigger than a finger nail.

<sigh>
What happens if the passenger freezes his/her bottle of water and attempts to board the plane with the contents of that bottle still frozen? Is that water or ice?

I can see it now. TSA starts a line of bottled water. Approved for use on planes!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:20 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Originally Posted by Celsius
What happens if the passenger freezes his/her bottle of water and attempts to board the plane with the contents of that bottle still frozen? Is that water or ice?

I can see it now. TSA starts a line of bottled water. Approved for use on planes!
I'm telling you, I wouldn't be surprised if airlines are capitalizing on the scares to increase their own profits. There were already rumblings about airlines trying to recoup some losses by introducing charges for headphones, blankets and meals. I wouldn't be surprised if they permanently ban all drinks and snacks, thus forcing customers to buy American Airlines bottles of water for $4 each or something.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:31 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
I wouldn't be surprised if they permanently ban all drinks and snacks, thus forcing customers to buy American Airlines bottles of water for $4 each or something.
...and British Rail sandwiches, frozen since the 70s, known to contain no imaginary explosives.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
...and British Rail sandwiches, frozen since the 70s, known to contain no imaginary explosives.
Or nutritional content.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

<sigh>
Actually what I dont get is why divert it? I mean do they think Charlotte is less important than Atlanta and if it had been a bomb well then it wouldnt have mattered so much if it had blown up in charlotte?

I can see it now:

"**** there some muthaf****** water on that muthaf****** plane! Quick!...whats the least important God forsaken shithole in reach of it and we'll send it there!"

PS when you say "We" are a nation going mad I assume you mean America is a nation going mad.