British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Watching 6 nations in USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/watching-6-nations-usa-282160/)

MrDub Feb 5th 2005 2:22 am

Watching 6 nations in USA

Hey does anyone know of any internet sites or US cable companies that provide 6 nations Rugby ?...other than BBC radio

Bob Feb 5th 2005 4:29 am

Re: Watching 6 nations in USA

nope, got someone doing a web stream of it though....nae sound, and tad stuttery...but what the hell...I can't find it anywhere, probably be able to down load the game after the fact, but that's no good.

Leky Feb 5th 2005 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Bob
nope, got someone doing a web stream of it though....nae sound, and tad stuttery...but what the hell...I can't find it anywhere, probably be able to down load the game after the fact, but that's no good.

This was on the BBC 6 nations site this morning, don't know if it will help. I do hope you manage to come up with something. Luckily I am in Germany so am off to the pub :beer: to watch, here's wishing us luck :)

The BBC's live TV coverage of the RBS Six Nations is to be broadcast on the BBC Sport website for the first time.
The internet innovation was given the go-ahead following negotiations between the BBC and the Six Nations Committee.

Limited highlights had previously been available online at half and full-time but now internet users in the UK can watch all the action as it happens.

MrDub Feb 5th 2005 11:58 am

AS far as I know BBC and other EU TV networks block viewing to outside countires on the internet. Ill check BBC out though...hopefully I am wrong. We can watch the rugby in a few bars around here but its a $30 cover charge to get in ... Maybe when Irl play (I mean beat) Eng Ill stump up that money and go get pissed in a bar at 9 am (local time) in the morning :)

MrDub Feb 5th 2005 12:01 pm

You dont happen to have a link of this web stream do you !?????

Leky Feb 5th 2005 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MrDub
You dont happen to have a link of this web stream do you !?????

Maybe when Irl play (I mean beat) Eng Ill stump up that money and go get pissed in a bar at 9 am (local time) in the morning
Ha in your dreams :rolleyes: Should be a good game though, especially watching it at the Irish pub, lots of yelling at each other but it's all good natured banter.

As to the link, no sorry I just saw it on the bbc site & nothing is on right now.
& if as you say they block it then it may also be blocked here, as we are not meant to be able to receive even BBC tv, of course with the right size dish it's easy ;)
Maybe try the bbc site at 3pm (in half hour) thats when the France Scotland game starts. If i'm still at home then I will have a look at the site & see if I can get in, maybe I could copy the link then & send it...might get around the block??

MrDub Feb 5th 2005 12:35 pm

Thanks, that would be great. All I can find on the BBC web site is a live radio link of radio five live extra....could do with picture to fully appreciate those irish trys going down ;)

Leky Feb 5th 2005 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MrDub
Thanks, that would be great. All I can find on the BBC web site is a live radio link of radio five live extra....could do with picture to fully appreciate those irish trys going down ;)

Are you going to bbc.com or http://www.bbc.co.uk/ ?? On the home page there is a link to the 6 nations, then on the six nations page there is a pic of France winning last year. At the bottom of that pic is a link the the on line coverage. I think the pre show is in about 5/10 mins, will have to turn on the telly to see. But try it then.

Sue

Leky Feb 5th 2005 1:06 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry no luck, It won't let me connect, here is the link maybe you cacn tweak it somehow!!

rtsp://rmlivev8acl.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/live24/news/sol_now1a_nb.rm

I also keep getting a message that it's only for UK users...rotten so*s. Well I am sorry for you, but Scotland & France are about to kick off, so must run & put my gear on ;)

Bob Feb 5th 2005 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Leky
This was on the BBC 6 nations site this morning, don't know if it will help. I do hope you manage to come up with something. Luckily I am in Germany so am off to the pub :beer: to watch, here's wishing us luck :)

nice...but I think won't be able to get it as out of the UK....can't be arsed to go all proxy on the internet just to sort it out...

Duncan Roberts Feb 5th 2005 3:21 pm

YOu basically need a transparent UK proxy server that is fast enough to hold a stream. Not very common to find a free one these days unfortunately.

Bob Feb 5th 2005 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
YOu basically need a transparent UK proxy server that is fast enough to hold a stream. Not very common to find a free one these days unfortunately.

that's the problem, plenty of UK proxies...not many that'll be fast enough to keep the stream from buffering lots and going to poo...

Lord Lionheart Feb 5th 2005 4:21 pm

It's on PPV on Direct TV at least in Los Angeles, $19.95 per game. Not sure about the rest of USA?

Bob Feb 5th 2005 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by tomelina
It's on PPV on Direct TV at least in Los Angeles, $19.95 per game. Not sure about the rest of USA?

Sod that, that's well to pricey...

Manc Feb 5th 2005 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Sod that, that's well to pricey...

and England are shite.