Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Watch live UK TV - get it while it lasts

Wikiposts

Watch live UK TV - get it while it lasts

Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watch live UK TV - get it while it lasts

run the channels through VLC...it seems to buffer it better and have less channel dying...

here's a few i figured out...works as long as VLC is installed in default location.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Channels.zip (13.2 KB, 111 views)
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:21 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Sadly wont work on macs.

I have VLC as well.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:57 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Sadly wont work on macs.

I have VLC as well.
There's supposed to be a Mac version coming soon.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

alc72uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm over the moon to find this! I only arrived here a few months ago so I'm missing home a little bit. The link works really well on my laptop and it's so great to catch up on all my favourite programmes. A big hug to emailrob for the link!!

Let's hope it keeps going!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly wont work on macs.

I have VLC as well.
any chance you could change the short cut location in properties?

try dragging them onto vlc? that doesn't work on pc, but on a mac maybe?
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:37 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

today mine came up with an option to download a new version. the only obvious difference this seems to have made is to bring up a new box before it starts asking you to sign in, register for free, or 'skip'. I skipped it and it seems to carry on working as before.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly wont work on macs.

I have VLC as well.
Yeah, that pissed me off too.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:58 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to get BBC1 today, and all I get is a message saying "We are currently negotiating commercial terms with this network".

Bollocks.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Tried to get BBC1 today, and all I get is a message saying "We are currently negotiating commercial terms with this network".

Bollocks.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Same with me. I cant get any of the british channels today. Any thoughts anybody?

If we're going to lose it, does anybody know any other alternatives for british television? THETELLY.NET looks good, but the cost is extortionate! Anybody know anything about my private network.com? Only $5 a month.

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Peteusa
Same with me. I cant get any of the british channels today. Any thoughts anybody?

If we're going to lose it, does anybody know any other alternatives for british television? THETELLY.NET looks good, but the cost is extortionate! Anybody know anything about my private network.com? Only $5 a month.

Like I said in the other thread...still works a treat if you use the short cuts to play the feed direct in VLC...
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
Like I said in the other thread...still works a treat if you use the short cuts to play the feed direct in VLC...
Can you explain how to do that in simple terms Bob? I tried downloading that link you posted, but it said Windows wouldnt allow it (or words to that effect).

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Peteusa
Can you explain how to do that in simple terms Bob? I tried downloading that link you posted, but it said Windows wouldnt allow it (or words to that effect).

that was simple...

you've got VLC? The media player?

download the zip file with the short cuts and if you can't allow it, that's something with your firewall/AV program, but you should be allowed to.

Drag the folder onto desktop from the zip file. Double click one of the short cut files.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

danicrun is an unknown quantity at this point

... looks like filmon are becoming a subscription only service.

There's a 'free upgrade' available but I've just downloaded it and the only way to view channels now is to subscribe!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
that was simple...

you've got VLC? The media player?

download the zip file with the short cuts and if you can't allow it, that's something with your firewall/AV program, but you should be allowed to.

Drag the folder onto desktop from the zip file. Double click one of the short cut files.
Thanks. BBC works but not ITV and C4 for some reason.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by emailrob
Thanks. BBC works but not ITV and C4 for some reason.
oh well, they probably cottoned on to that loop hole...probably not missing much though tbh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.