British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   War with Iran likely ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/war-iran-likely-334041/)

franc11s Oct 27th 2005 9:34 pm

War with Iran likely ?

Whatever you think of the War in Iraq, you have to believe the threat on the civilized world by Irans president has to be condemed and if necessary followed up by action. He stated he wants to wipe Israel and Zionists (Brits, AMericans etc.,) off the map.

This is the same country that wants to build a Nuke. Don't you believe that if Iran had a nuke, they would use it? Of course they would.

Scary. The only good thing about this is that everyone has supported the condemnation of Iran and if they persue a Nuclear policy, I think a war is inevitable.

What really worries me, is that if they did have a nuke, as their president gets older or has nothing to lose, he'll press the button believing he is serving his God and not care for the consequences of his people. If this isn't another Hitler in the making then I don't know what is...

elfman Oct 27th 2005 9:47 pm

Re: War with Iran likely ?

Originally Posted by franc11s

What really worries me, is that if they did have a nuke, as their president gets older or has nothing to lose, he'll press the button believing he is serving his God and not care for the consequences of his people. If this isn't another Hitler in the making then I don't know what is...

Sorry, I'm confused: which president are we talking about here?

Manc Oct 27th 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s
Whatever you think of the War in Iraq, you have to believe the threat on the civilized world by Irans president has to be condemed and if necessary followed up by action. He stated he wants to wipe Israel and Zionists (Brits, AMericans etc.,) off the map.

This is the same country that wants to build a Nuke. Don't you believe that if Iran had a nuke, they would use it? Of course they would.

Scary. The only good thing about this is that everyone has supported the condemnation of Iran and if they persue a Nuclear policy, I think a war is inevitable.

I'm not being funny, but, wouldn't Israel being wiped off the map actually solve a lot of problems.

I say that with tongue firmly in cheek.

I think the first country, whomever it is, to start lobbing nuclear weapons about will be shit on from a great height by the rest of the world.

BritGuyTN Oct 27th 2005 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm not being funny, but, wouldn't Israel being wiped off the map actually solve a lot of problems.

I say that with tongue firmly in cheek.

I think the first country, whomever it is, to start lobbing nuclear weapons about will be shit on from a great height by the rest of the world.

YUP

2 hypothetical iranian nukes would result in tel aviv and haifa being reduced to rubble

however, the US response i'm sure would result in iran being reduced to a area of fused glass, with open patches of sand where we can suck their oil out

Manc Oct 27th 2005 11:22 pm

Why are we presuming that Iran would launch the first ones, Iran hasn't invaded anyone pre-emptively for awhile. Unlike other countries I could mention...............

I more worry about the loon in the shitehouse with his finger on the button and God telling him to do his work.

Rompers Oct 28th 2005 12:27 am

I think Iran's strategy is completely rational and based on the following assumptions:

1. The US cannot attack now as it has too many troops tied down in Afghanistan and Iraq.

2. As soon as it can free up enough troops, Iran is next on the list.

3. The US will not attack any country that has a nuclear weapon.

As for the recent comments, deplorable as they are, I think they have more to do with Iran's domestic policy than anything else.

Manc Oct 28th 2005 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Rompers
I think Iran's strategy is completely rational and based on the following assumptions:

1. The US cannot attack now as it has too many troops tied down in Afghanistan and Iraq.

2. As soon as it can free up enough troops, Iran is next on the list.

3. The US will not attack any country that has a nuclear weapon.

As for the recent comments, deplorable as they are, I think they have more to do with Iran's domestic policy than anything else.

one has to admit, Iraq and Afghanistan are handy places to have troops if you want to attack Iran

Chorlton Oct 28th 2005 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
one has to admit, Iraq and Afghanistan are handy places to have troops if you want to attack Iran

Hmmm, what a happy coincidence ;)

Nia_Nia Oct 28th 2005 1:12 pm

How about we just abolish religion? Now THAT would solve a lot of problems!

Chorlton Oct 28th 2005 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia

:scared:

I'm sure it started out with good intentions, but there seem to have been some unforeseen problems down the centuries :D

CarlM Oct 28th 2005 1:59 pm

I think if everyone would just agree with everything i say, the world would be a better place.

Rompers Oct 28th 2005 2:01 pm

How about abolishing oil?

Manc Oct 28th 2005 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rompers
How about abolishing oil?

give it 100 years or so we might just achieve it.

doctor scrumpy Oct 28th 2005 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
Sorry, I'm confused: which president are we talking about here?

LMAO :)

ScousePete Oct 29th 2005 2:10 am

I think Stalin tried that. Didn't work out too well. :p