Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

wanting to move to usa enquiry about visas

wanting to move to usa enquiry about visas

Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default wanting to move to usa enquiry about visas

hi everyone
I Really could do with some good advice. We are a family of 4.My husband is 49 years old and a mobile crane driver. He is planning on coming out to America on a tempory 3 month visa getting a job crane driving out there. (apparantly there is a high demand for them and he should have no trouble).
He is hoping that he will be issued a green card after this time and then for me to join him. I am 44 years old and a housewife. My daughter is 18 years old and administration assistant in a wills and probate company. my son is 20 years old a Plumber by trade but currently a banksman/coordinator at the crane company my husband works for.
My daughters boyfriend is 22 years old and a qualified scaffolder and he would
like to start a new life for hisself in America. I understand that when children
reach the age of 21 they have to fend for themselves so to speak. so could he go down the same line as my husband with the temporary visa and hope to get a green card after 3 months. Also if we went over could my daughter
start work straight away as she would want to start work straight away as well. Any advise would be greatly appreciated please.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanting to move to usa enquiry about visas

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:14 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Please read the above linked page. None of the occupations you mention are eligible for work-based visas; unlike Canada and Australia, work-based visas are very difficult to qualify for.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bird family
hi everyone
I Really could do with some good advice. We are a family of 4.My husband is 49 years old and a mobile crane driver. He is planning on coming out to America on a tempory 3 month visa getting a job crane driving out there. (apparantly there is a high demand for them and he should have no trouble).
He is hoping that he will be issued a green card after this time and then for me to join him. I am 44 years old and a housewife. My daughter is 18 years old and administration assistant in a wills and probate company. my son is 20 years old a Plumber by trade but currently a banksman/coordinator at the crane company my husband works for.
like to start a new life for hisself in America. I understand that when children
reach the age of 21 they have to fend for themselves so to speak. so could he go down the same line as my husband with the temporary visa and hope to get a green card after 3 months. Also if we went over could my daughter
start work straight away as she would want to start work straight away as well. Any advise would be greatly appreciated please.
This is a joke I hope ......
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm not even going to read all the past posts. She's been trying this on to every English speaking country under the sun by the looks.

bird family: there is no US Green Card in your future. However, I encourage your husband to let the agent at the airport know his plans when he arrives.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
I thought you wanted to move to Vancouver? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476056
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Has to be, surely.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:25 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Whoa.

I think you have been seriously misinformed. I'm not sure where to start.

It is extremely difficult to get into the USA. Can you divorce your husband and marry an American? That is probably easier than the other options that exist (seriously).

First, read the links provided.

Second, the 'tempory 3 month visa'--what is that? Who told you there was such a thing? You can come in for 3 months on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) but taking any sort of employment is not only illegal but would *seriously* jeopardize your chances of coming over legally in the future.

While there may be a high demand for crane operators or scaffolders or plumbers or whatever, there are generally no work visas at all for those type of occupations. Nil. None. Zilch. Nothing. It is difficult enough to get in as a computer scientist with a university degree and a solid job offer and a company willing to pay all the visa fees.

The only situation I could think of is if your husbands company was an international construction firm that had offices in the US and the UK, and then was able to transfer him over for a bit to work on a project in the US. That or you have the financial resources to open a new construction company in the US (i.e. > $500,000 or so).

But I really think you should read the above links and get some rock solid information from whoever was telling you stuff like 'three month temporary visa'.

Good luck
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:26 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I particularly like the use of "hisself".
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, this has almost all the clichés of the classic mis-informed "I want to move to America" threads. The only thing missing is reference to having a holiday at Disney world, falling in love with it and wanting to move to Florida.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:42 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Dang, this has almost all the clichés of the classic mis-informed "I want to move to America" threads. The only thing missing is reference to having a holiday at Disney world, falling in love with it and wanting to move to Florida.
Or having seen a character on Eastenders start afresh in the US.... or maybe a footballer....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
He is hoping that he will be issued a green card after this time and then for me to join him.
I thought you'd already given up on the USA as impossible... from one of your posts in the NZ forum:

we did try to get into the USA
but had no luck there as was almost impossible. We are looking for a better life for our grown up children and have heard new zealand is the place to be.

I don't know what to make of this one... sincere or troll?

Bird family, you have no chance of getting to the USA. What happened to Canada and NZ?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Or having seen a character on Eastenders start afresh in the US.... or maybe a footballer....
That's what DAH said when I read it to him. It reads like a parody of every one of these types of threads ever posted here.

If a troll, certainly persistent and single-minded!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I blame Cilla on Corrie...she came into 40K GBP...bought a 1 way ticket to Vegas so she can start a new live in the US.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:36 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I blame Cilla on Corrie...she came into 40K GBP...bought a 1 way ticket to Vegas so she can start a new live in the US.
They forgot the part where she parlayed that 40K GBP into $1,000,000 USD and bought a business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.