Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

WANTED...UK based lawyer/solicitor

WANTED...UK based lawyer/solicitor

Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question WANTED...UK based lawyer/solicitor

Hiya, I have a US citizen/UK resident friend been working in London some 15 yrs on a permanent visa, has UK nat ins number, pays UK taxes etc and wants to apply for a UK passport.....loves the UK and wants to stay there forever..smart SOB I say anyway just wondered if anyone knows of a solicitor that she might contact?? Tks
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WANTED...UK based lawyer/solicitor

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hiya, I have a US citizen/UK resident friend been working in London some 15 yrs on a permanent visa, has UK nat ins number, pays UK taxes etc and wants to apply for a UK passport.....loves the UK and wants to stay there forever..smart SOB I say anyway just wondered if anyone knows of a solicitor that she might contact?? Tks
Has your friend checked (I'm sure you can find the criteria on the Home Office website) to see if she's eligible for UK citizenship?

If she is eligible, why does she need assistance from a solicitor? If her application is overly complicated (criminal record comes to mind for example), then that would be one reason for hiring a solicitor, otherwise, I wouldn't have thought it necessary.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WANTED...UK based lawyer/solicitor

Originally Posted by Celsius
Has your friend checked (I'm sure you can find the criteria on the Home Office website) to see if she's eligible for UK citizenship?

If she is eligible, why does she need assistance from a solicitor? If her application is overly complicated (criminal record comes to mind for example), then that would be one reason for hiring a solicitor, otherwise, I wouldn't have thought it necessary.

you're absolutely right, she has no criminal record and it's just easier that's all for someone else to file the papers etc and using a lawyer on recommendation is always an advantage. Tks