Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

want to listen to my local radio in the USA

want to listen to my local radio in the USA

Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default want to listen to my local radio in the USA

Hi can anyone tell me how i can listen to my local bbc radio station in the uk here in the usa

is there a website i can do this from,all i get is due to contractual issues you cant listen

thanks
dean h
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: want to listen to my local radio in the USA

tunein radio app on smartphone / ipod touch
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:40 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: want to listen to my local radio in the USA

Originally Posted by redarmy990
Hi can anyone tell me how i can listen to my local bbc radio station in the uk here in the usa

is there a website i can do this from,all i get is due to contractual issues you cant listen

thanks
dean h
If you have an iPad, iPhone or Android phone, download (free of charge) Tune In radio. You will get to hear radio stations (local and national) from around the world eg. Radio 1,2,3 4 and 5 Live, LBC, Capital Radio and local UK regional BBC stations.

I wake up (Eastern Time) on weekdays to the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2...but go to bed listening to the hilarious bitchy comments from Steve Allen at 11pm on LBC 97.3 FM.

You should be able to get them easily enough online too:

Try: http://www.lbc.co.uk/ (listen live)

http://ukrp.musicradio.com/lbc973/live (listen live)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_two (to listen live) etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/stations (lists the regional BBC stations too)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Englishmum; Aug 20th 2012 at 5:51 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

on smartphone wow i never knew i could download an app or even thought of it

is it easy to use

and big thanks
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishmum just tried your last link but instead of radio 2 i wanted radio sheffield,so put it in and it doesnt work radio 2 did work but i want

radio sheffield so i can listen to my soccer team
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

I got one of these (needs wireless Internet):
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speake...ox-radio-black

Pretty happy with it.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

bbc scramble the football games online.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:02 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: want to listen to my local radio in the USA

englishmum just tried your last link but instead of radio 2 i wanted radio sheffield,so put it in and it doesnt work radio 2 did work but i want

radio sheffield so i can listen to my soccer team
OK I just tried and yes for Radio Sheffield (the Owls?) I got the same message.

You should be able to get it via Tune In (but to save money perhaps it's best to only do it where you get free WiFi or the costs may mount!)

Another way to do it via your laptop is to download Expat Shield. It will con your computer into thinking that you are in the UK - with a UK IP address - you can turn it on and off. You will be able to watch many UK TV programmes via the iPlayer (BBC and ITV) and listen to the BBC regional radio shows. I've recently seen many of the Olympic events live on TV from the UK in real time via Expat Shield and the BBC iPlayer:

http://www.expatshield.com (it is connected when the little shield icon turns from red to green)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (need to have Expat Shield turned on first to get the domestic UK options!)
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Manc
bbc scramble the football games online.
the buggers so i cant listen to my team

i know theres a way to watch uk tv just wondered if theres a way to listen live to soccer oh well
Old Aug 20th 2012, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys. radio sheffield doesnt seem to be on tune in

so will go the expat shield way if that works.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Are there are alternatives to expat shield for us superior Mac users? (Sarcasm!!!)
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

on smartphone wow i never knew i could download an app or even thought of it

is it easy to use

and big thanks
Yes.

And if the channel isn't on tunein, but they have a online stream, you can copy/paste that into your tunein account from a web browser, to then pull it up from the app from your pre-selected channels.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Are there are alternatives to expat shield for us superior Mac users? (Sarcasm!!!)
Yes.

If you want free, Liberty Hero, Tunnel Bear, http://www.bestukvpn.com/

Though limited bandwidth for free, but you can switch them off once you've got a connection going and a couple of mins buffered.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Try vTuner.com for radio stations. Works well and has a great selection. It's what the networked A/V receiver manufacturers use so you cna tune in to internet radio.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

iTunes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.