Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wanna know what I think?

Wanna know what I think?

Old Oct 31st 2003, 12:47 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Cool Wanna know what I think?

I think you are all lovely, really, really lovely!

Give yourselves some love today... Smile, relax and take a deep breath. I can not finish off this week without saying how much I appreciate all of you! I'm going to admit it on behalf of everyone here... We are a nice bunch of twits!

Huge "Thank you!"

Smooooooooooches Brigie xoxoxoxo
Old Oct 31st 2003, 12:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanna know what I think?

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

Give yourselves some love today... Smile, relax and take a deep breath. I can not finish off this week without saying how much I appreciate all of you! I'm going to admit it on behalf of everyone here... We are a nice bunch of twits!

Huge "Thank you!"

I feel better already....but whatever you put in your coffee this morning, I want some.:PARTY:
Old Oct 31st 2003, 12:55 pm

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
I feel better already....but whatever you put in your coffee this morning, I want some.:PARTY:

I'm always like this... it's a curse! ô¿~ (Todd reckons I make coffee nervous, so I drink tea)
Old Oct 31st 2003, 1:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always like this... it's a curse! ô¿~ (Todd reckons I make coffee nervous, so I drink tea)

Tea requires too much coordination early in the morning. All that boiling of water, spooning of leaves, etc. I just push a button on the coffee machine and go back to my burrow.....(reaches for dark glasses and coffee refill).
Old Oct 31st 2003, 1:29 pm

Tea requires too much coordination early in the morning. All that boiling of water, spooning of leaves, etc. I just push a button on the coffee machine and go back to my burrow.....(reaches for dark glasses and coffee refill).
Nooooo, I have it made before I even wake up.... you can get a coffee maker that has a timer and bung a couple of bags in the pot. When it turns on and the water goes down the thingy it brews the tea on it's own... Just pour!

I've got a Mrs Tea too... but can't be bothered to get it out now!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

aww why thankie Bridgie !!! what did you say you put in your tea ??? hehehe

I happen to think that yous folks are a good bunch too

Jan
Old Oct 31st 2003, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Nooooo, I have it made before I even wake up.... you can get a coffee maker that has a timer and bung a couple of bags in the pot. When it turns on and the water goes down the thingy it brews the tea on it's own... Just pour!

I've got a Mrs Tea too... but can't be bothered to get it out now!
That is not the way to make tea woman!!! Making a nice cuppa is an art form, passed down from generation to generation. Don't....... just don't!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:26 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
That is not the way to make tea woman!!! Making a nice cuppa is an art form, passed down from generation to generation. Don't....... just don't!
My dad always used to say that too, said he couldn't drink tea made from a teabag in a mug, had to use a teapot and loose leaves. Whenever I made one for him though, I would just bung a teabag in his mug without him knowing. He never noticed the difference.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:34 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Huge "Thank you!"

I was thinking about you this morning Brigie, regarding how long you've been out of Britain. This means you must have been about 20 when you left. Did you leave on your own to come over here? Must have taken some balls to do that at that age is all I can say.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:48 pm

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
My dad always used to say that too, said he couldn't drink tea made from a teabag in a mug, had to use a teapot and loose leaves. Whenever I made one for him though, I would just bung a teabag in his mug without him knowing. He never noticed the difference.
My grandparents used to heat not only the teapot, but the teacup and the teaspoon. Then there was the whole issue of whether the tea or the milk goes in the cup first.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:54 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

My grandad would ONLY drink tea poured from a tea pot into a CHINA cup, then from the CHINA cup into the CHINA saucer, then he would slurp it off the saucer that way he said it was a little bit cooler......old habits die hard it would drive my grandma up the wall.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:56 pm
my arm aches

My grandparents used to heat not only the teapot, but the teacup and the teaspoon. Then there was the whole issue of whether the tea or the milk goes in the cup first.
Yeah that's right! It takes half an hour just to make a cuppa like that! BTW the milk always had to go in first for some reason, but then the cup is not warm anymore!. The cup was second rate if the milk went in second, God knows why!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:34 pm

I was thinking about you this morning Brigie, regarding how long you've been out of Britain. This means you must have been about 20 when you left. Did you leave on your own to come over here? Must have taken some balls to do that at that age is all I can say.

I'm very sorry to the tea experts... but after living here for 16 years I've grown accustomed to tea that tastes like crap!

Yes, I have been here 16 years... left when I was 20 -- Married a right twit too! My dad lived in Connecticut on and off, but didn't really stay here long untill I had lived here for 3 years.

(I had one of those divorces where the family likes you better than their own relative) -- Then met Todd and daddy moved to semi-retire in Daytona. (Had a lot to do with the speedway I think)

When I got off the plane I had exactly $80 on me! And when I met Todd I had a 2 bedroom condo with a pool and tennis courts.(Just me and a cat on Christmas mornings though... so it wasn't all good)

Life is what you make of it I say... go and love to live life!

In 4 years time I will have lived half of my life here... But you'd never know it if you heard me talk.... NowadImean?
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:35 pm

Yeah that's right! It takes half an hour just to make a cuppa like that! BTW the milk always had to go in first for some reason, but then the cup is not warm anymore!. The cup was second rate if the milk went in second, God knows why!

OK.... type it all properly so I can print it out and stick it next to me kettle. (which is electric BTW) I went through about 30 kettles because I forgot I put them on the stove.... then Todd got me a whistling one and I forgot to put water in it!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The Japanese think they inventedthe tea ceremony too ! The Tea Drinking Ceremony is a religious experience amongst the British.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.