Wanker

Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanker

Originally Posted by SirSteveUK
("Quit wanking, let's go
get supper!")
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Does anyone else find that their American friends really pick up on this word?

Quite a few I know now use it. The funny thing is they don't really know how to use it properly and a lot of them don't really know what it means.

Due to my brother-in-law the word gets used a lot at a local power plant. So much so that at a big area meeting the other week one of the top brass ended the meeting by asking the question 'can anyone tell me what a wanker is?'.

Some people say 'bollocks' but nowhere near as many who say 'wanker'. Good stuff

Most of the blokes I work with regularly use the word an know what it means, I often see one of our US drivers going in the oppostite direction and most will beat me to it and shout out WANKER on the CB, ..... this is usually followed by a "YOU BASTARD"
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Onje of my funniest moments was when I was still in the UK, working for Avis rent a car in central London.
A very large American gentleman walked in and announced loudly "I have a car reserved..... I'm Wanker!!"
Yes.... it was his name....
My colleagues disappeared... and I could hear loud laughter from the back room..... I had to keep a straight face and deal with Mr. Wanker!!!

Last edited by mamasue; Aug 16th 2009 at 2:06 am.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 17th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mamasue
My colleagues disappeared... and I could hear loud laughter from the back room..... I had to keep a straight face and deal with Mr. Wanker!!!
NO! That's gotta be made up!

It's reminded me of a gag you can do over here. Some food places (ie Penn Station) will ask your name when you give your order. When it's ready the waitress will come out and shout your name.

So obviously your name is 'Wanker' (it's an English name you say when she raises an eyebrow). Childish humour but quite funny hearing someone come out and start shouting 'wanker', 'order for wanker'.

I must grow up one day - but not today ey?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

NO! That's gotta be made up!

It's reminded me of a gag you can do over here. Some food places (ie Penn Station) will ask your name when you give your order. When it's ready the waitress will come out and shout your name.

So obviously your name is 'Wanker' (it's an English name you say when she raises an eyebrow). Childish humour but quite funny hearing someone come out and start shouting 'wanker', 'order for wanker'.

I must grow up one day - but not today ey?
The thing is she's not going to raise an eyebrow...because she won't understand the joke.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The thing is she's not going to raise an eyebrow...because she won't understand the joke.
I said 'raise an eyebrow' cos it's probably a name she has not heard before. Usually they are writing down John, Pete, Jane or whatever.

You'd probably have to confirm the spelling of it.

There isn't a joke at anyone's expense here - just childish Brits sat in the corner grinning.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I said 'raise an eyebrow' cos it's probably a name she has not heard before. Usually they are writing down John, Pete, Jane or whatever.

You'd probably have to confirm the spelling of it.

There isn't a joke at anyone's expense here - just childish Brits sat in the corner grinning.
It wouldn't work around here where everyone has a 'funny name'.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:54 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
Onje of my funniest moments was when I was still in the UK, working for Avis rent a car in central London.
A very large American gentleman walked in and announced loudly "I have a car reserved..... I'm Wanker!!"
My husband had a friend at school with the surname Wigley, his dad was called Ivor

Honest, I'm not making it up.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

20masonroad will become famous soon enough

I have worked with a bunch of guys for 14 months now, I use the word often and have even explained to them it's meaning.......If only they could grasp how to use it......
All I ever get is....."Bloody Wanker!"
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Tempting to comment but I'll take the High Rd on this one
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:28 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
never mind you nearly had it it's 'The winkers song (misprint)'
Jeez, that's like playing Jimmy Saville's Top 40 game. He always would ask about the title of a song before he played it, and you'd never get any 'marks' unless you remembered what was in the brackets.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else find that their American friends really pick up on this word?

Quite a few I know now use it. The funny thing is they don't really know how to use it properly and a lot of them don't really know what it means.

Due to my brother-in-law the word gets used a lot at a local power plant. So much so that at a big area meeting the other week one of the top brass ended the meeting by asking the question 'can anyone tell me what a wanker is?'.

Some people say 'bollocks' but nowhere near as many who say 'wanker'. Good stuff

The next time I see a Brit I'll be sure to use it. I bet I can tell by the reaction if I've got the context right...
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:56 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Jeez, that's like playing Jimmy Saville's Top 40 game. He always would ask about the title of a song before he played it, and you'd never get any 'marks' unless you remembered what was in the brackets.
It's funny but Sir Jimmy crossed my mind when I asked.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

flairon is an unknown quantity at this point

It was even used on an episode of 'Fresh Prince of Bel Aire' with Will Smith. Hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.