Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wales in Washington DC

Wales in Washington DC

Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of
Default Wales in Washington DC

Wales will be this year's featured country at the 2009 Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the National Mall. More info at the Smithsonian and Welsh Assembly websites. Things kick off in March with the Washington Meets Wales literary events, including a poetry evening on Monday March 23 at Busboys and Poets, 14th and V St.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:15 pm
Cornish Pasty Lover

Voltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wales in Washington DC

Now if a barrel of Brains Dark were to be available, then I'm in I need reminding of my 5 years in Cardiff in a happy way
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wales isn't a country.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:43 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Wales isn't a country.
So are you going to tell us what it is, then?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:33 pm
Cornish Pasty Lover

Voltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura aboutVoltore has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dunroving
So are you going to tell us what it is, then?
It's a Principality.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:39 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Wales isn't a country.
According to Wiki it is:

Wales /ˈweɪlz/ (help·info) (Welsh: Cymru;[2] pronounced [ˈkəmrɨ] (help·info)) is a country that is part of the United Kingdom,[3] bordered by England to its east, and the Atlantic Ocean[4] and Irish Sea to its west. It is also an elective region of the European Union. Wales has a population estimated at three million and is bilingual, with both Welsh and English having equal status....
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Voltore
Now if a barrel of Brains Dark were to be available, then I'm in I need reminding of my 5 years in Cardiff in a happy way
You may get your wish. According to the curator of the Welsh program, they will try their best to get some Welsh beer. From DCist.com "There is no Welsh restaurant or caterer in the DC area so we will probably be working with someone non-Welsh but in close contact with a Welsh food consultant. And, since the sub-theme of the Welsh program is sustainability, we will also be working on sustainable containers, food sourced locally (except for some Welsh food products available in the US that we would like people to know about), and that sort of thing. So, I hope you skeptics will take all this in mind and give us the benefit of the doubt."

I looked at the Brickskeller beer list and they claim to have Felinfoel Thames Welsh ESB in 16oz bottles. Someone on beeradvocate.com in December 08 said Thames Welsh ESB was stocked in the Market Street Wine Shop in Charlottesville.

Last edited by Dewey; Feb 25th 2009 at 2:50 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewey
Wales will be this year's featured country at the 2009 Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the National Mall. More info at the Smithsonian and Welsh Assembly websites. Things kick off in March with the Washington Meets Wales literary events, including a poetry evening on Monday March 23 at Busboys and Poets, 14th and V St.
There's tidy then.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

yakky dar
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

YEAY!!!!!!!! I am so in!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll go to our house...I always thought it was a principality.

http://www.walesworldnation.com/serv...8#principality
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:25 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
YEAY!!!!!!!! I am so in!
You're going to leave Wales to come to DC to attend a Welsh folklife festival?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You're going to leave Wales to come to DC to attend a Welsh folklife festival?
The clue is..she's Welsh.

They don't get out much mate.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

It's all in the name...
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to mail them some Welsh cakes and corned beef pies if they're short of food
I'll attend if you get OMA to sing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.