British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Waiting Times E2 London? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/waiting-times-e2-london-333101/)

bbb1969 Oct 23rd 2005 10:12 am

Waiting Times E2 London?

Dear All,

We filed our E2 application around the 4th week in August 05

So we hit eight weeks on 20th Oct 05

The embassy line is 8-14 weeks? I'M TOLD THE EMBASSY BACK LOG IS BEING CLEARED UP IS THIS TRUE OR FALSE

To date my attorney has not been asked for any additional information,

Is this positive or negative news, and from all your valued experience out there if we have completed 8 weeks; when is my Attorney in the US likely to hear, in the next week or two?

Like most people our Life's are on hold so your experiences in the current climate are valued.

Kind Regards ALL!!!!!!!!

redlobster Oct 23rd 2005 11:09 am

Re: Waiting Times E2 London?

Originally Posted by bbb1969
Dear All,

We filed our E2 application around the 4th week in August 05

So we hit eight weeks on 20th Oct 05

The embassy line is 8-14 weeks? I'M TOLD THE EMBASSY BACK LOG IS BEING CLEARED UP IS THIS TRUE OR FALSE

To date my attorney has not been asked for any additional information,

Is this positive or negative news, and from all your valued experience out there if we have completed 8 weeks; when is my Attorney in the US likely to hear, in the next week or two?

Like most people our Life's are on hold so your experiences in the current climate are valued.

Kind Regards ALL!!!!!!!!

Our application went in on the 8th August last year.2004. I think we were the first of the long waits !! We waited 11 weeks,which to us at the time,as everyone before us was quicker, seemed like forever.
We heard on Nov 12th we had got a five year visa. We had our interview on the 19th Nov,and flew out on the 26th Nov,and closed on our biz on the 3rd of Dec.
All nearly a year ago now..Wow..Good luck,the waitings not easy.
Redlobster

bbb1969 Oct 23rd 2005 11:13 am

Originally Posted by redlobster
Our application went in on the 8th August last year.2004. I think we were the first of the long waits !! We waited 11 weeks,which to us at the time,as everyone before us was quicker, seemed like forever.
We heard on Nov 12th we had got a five year visa. We had our interview on the 19th Nov,and flew out on the 26th Nov,and closed on our biz on the 3rd of Dec.
All nearly a year ago now..Wow..Good luck,the waitings not easy.
Redlobster

That's very interesting, and reassuring, would you say the longer they do not ask for anything the better?

Thanks again Buddy

redlobster Oct 23rd 2005 12:00 pm

That's very interesting, and reassuring, would you say the longer they do not ask for anything the better?

Thanks again Buddy

I wouldent like to say,seems to me you wait for weeks,then they get to your application,and then ask the questions !!
But hopefully,your application was full and detailed enough .A lot depends on how good your visa attorney.Most are good,some better than others.
Where are you headed.
Redlobster

bbb1969 Oct 23rd 2005 12:07 pm

I wouldent like to say,seems to me you wait for weeks,then they get to your application,and then ask the questions !!
But hopefully,your application was full and detailed enough .A lot depends on how good your visa attorney.Most are good,some better than others.
Where are you headed.
Redlobster

All things being equal Tampa.

Can they keep people waiting for ever?

My attorney is in the US, can't really say his name, that would not be professional, but they have a first class reputation.

I was told the longer they do not ask for more info, the more progress they have made, the better the outcome

bbb1969 Oct 23rd 2005 12:08 pm

All things being equal Tampa.

Can they keep people waiting for ever?

My attorney is in the US, can't really say his name, that would not be professional, but they have a first class reputation.

I was told the longer they do not ask for more info, the more progress they have made, the better the outcome

What happened at the interview?

was it hard like a job/type interview, and how many minutes.

redlobster Oct 23rd 2005 6:20 pm

What happened at the interview?

was it hard like a job/type interview, and how many minutes.

Here is what I wrote on another site,it was my report on our interviw to the embassy in London.

We had our interview in London on Friday,Our interview time was 8.15am.
We drove down on Thursday hight and stayed at the Holiday Inn at S. Mimms, on the M25 AI.
We tubed it into London from Cockfosters to Green Park, and then cabbed to the Embassy.We waited in line untill 8.20am, and went through security, then into a hugh waiting room.
We paid £10 as we went in to the visa passport office,for the return of the passports, and took a seat.
We were called to a window after 5 mins just to check the paper work, and told to take a seat and wait for our number to be called., by now it was 9.10 am.
It was a big waiting room, nice and warm, there is an area at the top for tea and coffee etc. £ 1.20 for tea !!!!!!!!!
We were called at 11.00am. We were asked ,
1. How much we paid for biz.
2. How we raised the funds.
3 How we thought we could grow the biz.
4 Was the money in Escrow, subject to the visa being granted.
We were than told we were granted a visa, and finger scaned, and sent to the cashiers desk to pay $110 each, and good luck in the US.
We are now waiting fot the passports to come back, and have been given a tracking number on line so we can see when it is sent. Monday we hope as we are off on Friday !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if things have changed in the last 11 months,but this was our experience.
Redlobster

bbb1969 Oct 24th 2005 6:52 am

Here is what I wrote on another site,it was my report on our interviw to the embassy in London.

We had our interview in London on Friday,Our interview time was 8.15am.
We drove down on Thursday hight and stayed at the Holiday Inn at S. Mimms, on the M25 AI.
We tubed it into London from Cockfosters to Green Park, and then cabbed to the Embassy.We waited in line untill 8.20am, and went through security, then into a hugh waiting room.
We paid £10 as we went in to the visa passport office,for the return of the passports, and took a seat.
We were called to a window after 5 mins just to check the paper work, and told to take a seat and wait for our number to be called., by now it was 9.10 am.
It was a big waiting room, nice and warm, there is an area at the top for tea and coffee etc. £ 1.20 for tea !!!!!!!!!
We were called at 11.00am. We were asked ,
1. How much we paid for biz.
2. How we raised the funds.
3 How we thought we could grow the biz.
4 Was the money in Escrow, subject to the visa being granted.
We were than told we were granted a visa, and finger scaned, and sent to the cashiers desk to pay $110 each, and good luck in the US.
We are now waiting fot the passports to come back, and have been given a tracking number on line so we can see when it is sent. Monday we hope as we are off on Friday !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know if things have changed in the last 11 months,but this was our experience.
Redlobster

Can we have more replys like this, FIRST CLASS