Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Waiting is getting me down

Waiting is getting me down

Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:23 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waiting is getting me down

My god, I've had a miserable few days

After all that's happened in the last month (interview/601 paperwork/depressed friend coming to stay for a week/work review) I've had no chance to have some "me" time.
Today I just chilled on the couch and started feeling sorry for myself. I hardly ever do that. I don't know when I'll find out if I get my green card or not, and there is no way I can tell if I stand a chance or not. The thought of moving back to England/Hull is awfully depressing.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. Sorry. I'm off for a now
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:37 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting is getting me down

Originally Posted by workboresme

After all that's happened in the last month (interview/601 paperwork/depressed friend coming to stay for a week/work review) I've had no chance to have some "me" time.
Today I just chilled on the couch and started feeling sorry for myself. I hardly ever do that. I don't know when I'll find out if I get my green card or not, and there is no way I can tell if I stand a chance or not. The thought of moving back to England/Hull is awfully depressing.

from Huntingdon beach http://surfcityusa.com to Hull. Bummer.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:55 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up! Have a nice cup of tea and a sit down and things will soon seem better. If I could send over one of those Chocolate Digestives I just bought I would.

I that doesn't work try looking here - this will really cheer you up.
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think you won't get a GC ?
Are you a villian on the run ?
Have you lied on your application ?
Are you a terrorist ?
Do you come from Hull ?
If you are an upright and honest person don't worry
Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:43 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
What makes you think you won't get a GC ?
Are you a villian on the run ?
Have you lied on your application ?
Are you a terrorist ?
Her history is documented on the marriage forum, I believe... She is none of the above though!

To the OP: sorry you are going through such a tough and stressful time. I hope it all works out and you can stay. But even if you have to move back to England - it's still one of the greatest places on earth! And you wouldn't have to live in Hull unless you wanted to - though do remember who walks the beat there now
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:14 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Her history is documented on the marriage forum, I believe... She is none of the above though!

To the OP: sorry you are going through such a tough and stressful time. I hope it all works out and you can stay. But even if you have to move back to England - it's still one of the greatest places on earth! And you wouldn't have to live in Hull unless you wanted to - though do remember who walks the beat there now
Yeah, just a brief recount.....I came here in '99 with ex husband on holiday, he was offered a job, we just stayed and figured we'd "work it out". We got divorced a couple years later, he married a USC and got his GC, I met my hubby 4 years ago, we got married 2 years ago. We were always going to file, just procrastinated.
Last year, my grandad died and so did my stepdad (in the same week) so I went home for the funerals.......I was let back in the country with no questions asked (literally!). We finally file, and my exit/entrance is of course an issue.

It's my fault for my own stupidity/naievety, but I can't bear to lose my husband, my life or the amazing people I've met here.

And yes, Patrick, I am from Hull but I promise I've been fully vaccinated
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:21 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Stressful times by any account. Hope it all works out for you. Do you have any idea how long it will take until you hear?
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:30 am
Hull lass

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Stressful times by any account. Hope it all works out for you. Do you have any idea how long it will take until you hear?
On Wednesday night, I was out having a beer with the girls from work, and we were talking about my issues. Some guy walks up asking if I need an immigration lawyer (I actually already have one).
Apparently, at my local service center (Santa Ana, CA), they're approving about 98% of the I-601 waivers, and I should have an answer within 60-90 days.

It's not as long as the 9-12 months originally predicted, but I just want to KNOW!!!!
Bollox, time for more
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:27 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Chin up! Have a nice cup of tea and a sit down and things will soon seem better. If I could send over one of those Chocolate Digestives I just bought I would.

I that doesn't work try looking here - this will really cheer you up.
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com
Dayumn! I can't 'believe that's a real site! LOL

But WBM, good to hear things might be looking up. Just file, follow up with your lawyer, and chin up.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

On Wednesday night, I was out having a beer with the girls from work, and we were talking about my issues. Some guy walks up asking if I need an immigration lawyer (I actually already have one).
Apparently, at my local service center (Santa Ana, CA), they're approving about 98% of the I-601 waivers, and I should have an answer within 60-90 days.

It's not as long as the 9-12 months originally predicted, but I just want to KNOW!!!!
Bollox, time for more

How old are you? You sound like a child waiting for Father Christmas.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:01 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
She has to be over 21, she's having a
Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:01 am
Hull lass

Oh, I'm 32. Pleeeeeeeeease excuse me for having a bad couple of days and actually writing about it on here.

Christ!
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:22 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm 32. Pleeeeeeeeease excuse me for having a bad couple of days and actually writing about it on here.

Christ!
Try not to stress it too much. Some people can be a little insensitive at times, especially if they are not in your situation. We're thinking of you anyway. Hope this week brings some smiles.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Try not to stress it too much. Some people can be a little insensitive at times, especially if they are not in your situation. We're thinking of you anyway. Hope this week brings some smiles.
It wasn't her situation...I sympathise with that...it was

'I should have an answer within 60-90 days. It's not as long as the 9-12 months originally predicted, but I just want to KNOW!!!!'
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:00 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't her situation...I sympathise with that...it was

'I should have an answer within 60-90 days. It's not as long as the 9-12 months originally predicted, but I just want to KNOW!!!!'
I think the point is that when your entire future hangs in the balance, you want to get it over with, 60 to 90 days can feel like a lifetime in some circumstances and no matter how much you read or how many people tell you it'll be okay and it's just a formality etc, you can never relax until you have a solid answer. She is not being childish in feeling impatient, merely human.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.