British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Waiting for decision on AOS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/waiting-decision-aos-108481/)

ambyuk May 21st 2002 6:02 pm

Waiting for decision on AOS

6 weeks today and counting.

If most people can get the decision the same day what is taking so long?

Phoned St. Louis INS and was told to wait another month (a few weeks ago I was told to wait until the 6 weeks were up then they would chase it up).

The receptionist told me they have interviews 4 days a week so that only leaves 1 day to review files. Is something not wrong here? (I know, I know, it's the INS...)

People that had their interview the same day as us walked out with stamps. We are still waiting.

And remember, all this is after the officer told us it would "be easy" because she "would probably approve us" and since we were planning to travel soon she would "put a note speedy note on there".

Sorry, I know many are worse off than this. At least we are together. But it's just so frustrating.

Amber

. May 21st 2002 8:20 pm

Re: Waiting for decision on AOS

On 21 May 2002 18:20:10 GMT, ambyuk <[email protected]> wrote:

>6 weeks today and counting.
    >
    >If most people can get the decision the same day what is taking so long?
    >
    >Phoned St. Louis INS and was told to wait another month (a few weeks ago I was told
    >to wait until the 6 weeks were up then they would chase it up).
    >
    >The receptionist told me they have interviews 4 days a week so that only leaves 1
    >day to review files. Is something not wrong here? (I know, I know, it's the INS...)
    >
    >People that had their interview the same day as us walked out with stamps. We are
    >still waiting.
    >
    >And remember, all this is after the officer told us it would "be easy" because she
    >"would probably approve us" and since we were planning to travel soon she would "put
    >a note speedy note on there".
    >
    >Sorry, I know many are worse off than this. At least we are together. But it's just
    >so frustrating.
    >
    >Amber

Did they ask you to send something in? What reason did you get for them not making a
decision that day? We interviewed May 2 2000, we were approved the sameday at St.
Louis. I think you may need to contact your represenative at this point to see what
was missed. At least that is what I would do now given you know that others at St.
Louis got the approval the sameday. Unless they wanted you to send them something
else I can't understand the delay. Good luck. Karryl

Amby May 22nd 2002 3:20 am

Re: Waiting for decision on AOS

They didn't give us a reason on the day. I asked why I did not get the stamp that
day and she said she "had to get our file in order". Our friends had the same
interviewer a week or two later and apparently this woman is new and has to have her
cases reviewed.

All I can say is they better not be holding it up because they need "more
information". We had everything she could have possibly wanted at the interview and
she took barely anything. Some photos, tax return, copies of passports. Think that's
it! NOTHING else! None of the letters or anything they asked for.

Thanks for the good luck... I am just scared this is going to drag on forever. Why oh
why did we have to get stuck with KR for an interviewer...

> Did they ask you to send something in? What reason did you get for them not making
    > a decision that day? We interviewed May 2 2000, we were approved the sameday at St.
    > Louis. I think you may need to contact your represenative at this point to see what
    > was missed. At least that is what I would do now given you know that others at St.
    > Louis got the approval the sameday. Unless they wanted you to send them something
    > else I can't understand the delay. Good luck. Karryl

--
Amber

http://www.livingtorah.org/~amby/